WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am one of those really awkward people who has my birthday really close to Christmas. It was my birthday yesterday and my wife came downstairs with several presents and cards for me. I opened them and found that I had received the usual books, after shave etc. which was great. My wife then disappeared back upstairs and told me that she had forgotten one more little gift that she had bought for me. She duly arrived back with a really long box, neatly wrapped. My wife told me to be careful because the thing inside was fragile. After I opened the big box I found this one inside

I then opened the brown box and found this one inside

This was what I found inside the black box

As a few of you members might know I have had some bad health problems over the last few years and my wonderful wife Alyson has looked after and nursed me through all of it without any complaining. On top of all that she then went out and bought me this for my birthday, she really is an amazing lady (and she loves watches - what more could a man ask for?)

For anyone who doesn't know the watch is an IWC Portofino with a Milanese Mesh bracelet.

Wrist shot -

·
Registered
175 Posts
You are a very lucky man to have a wife with such fine taste. Beautiful watch. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Terrific, really terrific. It straddles the ground between elegant and sporty exactly right to be each in the appropriate circumstance. You have to hand it to IWC for restraint and understatement (other than in size, and that applies to the Portugese only).

My congratulations to you on the watch and on having such a wonderful wife.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
What a wonderful surprise....your wife has great taste.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Congrats Robin - happy birthday, Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you and yours. The watch is fantastic, and you sound like a lucky man...who knows it and isn't afraid to admit it. :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone. I think that this was the biggest surprise she has ever pulled on me and it's my favourite dial and bracelet combination in the range. It's extremely comfortable and I sure know which watch I'll be wearing on Christmas day. A very merry and peaceful Christmas to all forum members.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Congrats, RobinO, your wife has excellent taste! You be a lucky man!
Enjoy!!

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Definitely one lucky guy, she sounds like a wonderful person. And that IWC is a beatiful watch, I'm sre you will love it!

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Happy Birthday and wear your watch in good health. Your a lucky man great wife with great taste. Wish I could find one.:thumbup1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts