WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I started out looking for a somewhat upscale watch thinking of purchasing a Rolex Seadweller and asking questions over in the Rolex forum. After looking around I ended up making a choice of a Seamaster instead. If is used and purchased off ebay at what seems like a fair price. The watch comes with a 14 day return policy and the seller has close to 1200 sales with a 100% rating. This is my first purchase of an upscale watch so needless to say I'm excited and a bit apprehensive. Any inputs would be appreciated. Here are some of the ebay photos:

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
Looks good to me. You did the smart thing, you bought the seller instead of the watch. Congrats!!!:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
Thanks for the input and response. Here's a quick question, is the co-axial movement worth a significant up-charge? How much longer is the service interval than for the pre '07 movements?
Unless you are going to get one with a caliber 2500D, I would say no. There have been many documented problems with the caliber 2500, so you are better off with what you are getting, the caliber 1120 is a proven workhorse.

Service intervals are all relative. However, it's recommended that you get one every ~5 or so years.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for a second reply; I didn't know about the negatives of the newer movements. Good to know. I guess I should try to find out about the service history of the new watch this coming week. Any recommendations on that. The photos make it look pretty pristine. I know there are some places that specialize in doing service not associated with Omega that are relatively inexpensive. Any feelings on going that way, anyone? Thanks again for the inputs.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hmm, UPS tracked it into Rockford, IL on Saturday. It hasn't moved since. It's due tomorrow. What do you think? Heading out of town on Wednesday. Any sense in calling UPS?

OK, now it's moving again this time out of Louisville, KY. Curious how it got from IL to KY. I guess there is still hope that it'll make the house tomorrow as promised.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not a good idea to post the delivery number since it allows rerouting. On the other hand it has shown the end of the day today as the Scheduled Delivery date. At least now it is in New England (since about 3:00 AM in CT); we'll see if it makes it to Boston's north shore buy this afternoon. Yesterday it made it from IL to CT by way of Newark. Fingers are crossed.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
looked brand new in the sellers pictures, congrats on a nice Seamaster:thumbup1:
Definitely the cleanest watch I saw on ebay and at a decent price as well. Thanks for noticing. It had been sized so it wasn't brand new. Maybe that was why it was at a good price. There are advantages to having a small wrist.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I love my Planet Ocean, but I'm pretty the bracelet in those pics is the most comfortable I've ever worn...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.