WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered this! It's the new Omega Speedmaster Racing Chronograph! I should have it next Wednesday & I'll post real life photos when it arrives!

Specs:
MOVEMENT:
Caliber: Omega 3330
Self-winding chronograph with column-wheel
mechanism and Co-Axial Escapement for
greater precision, stability and durability of the
movement. Free sprung-balance equipped
with Si14 silicon balance spring. Officially
certified chronometer.
Power reserve: 52 hours
CRYSTAL:
Domed scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with
anti-reflective treatment on both sides
CASE & DIAL:
Case: Steel
Case Diameter: 40 mm
Dial: Red
WATER RESISTANCE:
100 m (330 feet)
FEATURES:
Chronograph
Chronometer
Date
Small seconds
Tachymeter

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YouTube Video:

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From the Omega Website:

THE SPEEDMASTER RACING

Long before the OMEGA Speedmaster distinguished itself with a career in space, it was at the service of race and rally drivers who valued the chronograph for its chronograph performance and its aesthetic appeal.

When the OMEGA Speedmaster was introduced in 1957, it was valued by motorsport and rally drivers for its chronograph performance and for its design aesthetics. In fact, its dial design was inspired by the dashboards of Italian cars of the time; it was also the first chronograph whose tachymetric scale was repositioned from the dial to the bezel. The very first print advertisement for the OMEGA Speedmaster included copy that said, “Our picture shows two sports car enthusiasts racing the clock . . . the clock being no clock at all but the new Omega high-precision wrist computer, the Speedmaster.”

The new Speedmaster Racing honours the chronograph’s decades-long connection to motor racing – before the Speedmaster was worn on the Moon or at the North and South Poles, it was found on the wrists of men and women driving high-performance automobiles.

The OMEGA Speedmaster Racing chronograph has a 40 mm stainless steel case with a matt black aluminium tachymetric ring on its bezel. It is offered in a choice of grey, grey/yellow or grey red tachymetric scaling. The screw-in caseback features the familiar Seahorse emblem.

The dial and sub-dials are available in the range of colour combinations described in the watch’s technical specifications. The 30-minute and 12-hour counters and the small seconds hand sub-dial are textured with a triangular “Clous de Paris” pattern. There is a date window at the 6 o’clock position. The hour and minute hands as well as the hour markers are coated with Super-LumiNova.

The Speedmaster Racing, powered by an exclusive OMEGA calibre 3330, has a column-wheel chronograph mechanism and is equipped with a Co-Axial escapement and an Si14 silicon balance spring. The combination delivers such reliable timekeeping performance and stability that the chronograph comes with a full four-year warranty.

The Speedmaster Racing is presented with either a stainless steel bracelet or a black rubber strap. It is water resistant to 10 bar (100 metres / 330 feet).

It has been 55 years since OMEGA announced the launch of a chronograph ideally suited for calculating the speed of racing cars. More than half a century later, the Speedmaster Racing commemorates the brand’s partnership with great automobiles and the people who drive them.

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You should buy a red car to match your new red watch.:lol:
How about a white car with red stripes? This is my ride, and it's what put me on the hunt for a watch to match it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
That's the same watch I'm shoppin too. They offered me $3800.00 Did you get it for a better price?

P.S Sorry, the one I'm lookin at is the Micheal Schumacher LE. 3506.61.00

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
That's the same watch I'm shoppin too. They offered me $3800.00 Did you get it for a better price?

P.S Sorry, the one I'm lookin at is the Micheal Schumacher LE. 3506.61.00
It's $4800 MSRP, and my dealer sold it to me for $3800 on the bracelet. The rubber strap version is only a few dollars less. Not enough less to not get the bracelet version. I may add the rubber strap at a later date because I really like the look of it! The strap has the same Clous de Paris pattern as the sub dials.

Here is some interesting info on the rubber strap should you wish to purchase it separately. I contacted Omega to see how much it would be. $212 for the rubber strap, and $264 for the deployant clasp = $476 total plus $10 for shipping. The bracelet seems to run approx. $200 - $300 more than that depending on the source, so for only a $5 difference in the original purchase price you'd be crazy to buy the watch on the rubber strap. The strap is available now, the clasp is on a 4 to 6 week back order. I'm planning to get one when the hobby fund is replenished.

·
Registered
466 Posts
It's $4700 MSRP, and my dealer sold it to me for $3800 on the bracelet. The rubber strap version is only a few dollars less. Not enough less to not get the bracelet version. I may add the rubber strap at a later date because I really like the look of it! The strap has the same Clous de Paris pattern as the sub dials.
+1 I agree. The rubber strap does look good.
Do you know how much they one for the rubber strap?:cool1:

·
Registered
656 Posts
I see what you're doing - attempting to bait me into speaking ill about a sponsor. Guess what? I'm gonna give you exactly what you ask for.... sort of. Let's use my exact example and some known reputable internet sellers.

Omega 38.5 mm Aqua Terra caliber 8500 chronometer model #231.10.39.21.03.001 - list price of $5500:

OMEGA Watches: Seamaster Aqua Terra Mid Size Chronometer - Steel on steel - 231.10.39.21.03.001

Internet prices as of this post:

Swiss Luxury (via Chrono24):.....$4225

Prestige Time:.........................$4400

Amazon (subbed out to Shingle): $4695

Authentic Watches:...................$4195

Watchmaxx:............................$4290

Neither Ashford nor Essential Watches carried this model.

My Authorized Dealer:............$4200

Give me ONE good reason why I would buy from ANY of these grey market dealers when I get LESS for the SAME or MORE MONEY. In conclusion: Yes, it would be foolish, nay - idiotic, to buy from ANY seller if an AD could give you the same or better price and you get the factory warranty.

So, how ya gonna dispute that??? That's right, I just tossed the gauntlet, then picked it up and smacked you in the face with it. Maybe on Planet Invicta you're forced to buy grey because Walmart or similar discount stores don't shred the price enough due to the insanely inflated retail. But things are different in the post-ShopNBC phase of watch collecting.

ps - the watch looks fantastic on my wrist. Please excuse the crappy iPhone shot.

Dude, the 8500 is looking good! Congratulations on your score!

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
SWEEEEETT Looking watch Brian!!! Love the red dial!!! :drool: :drool:

Here is some interesting info on the rubber strap should you wish to purchase it separately. I contacted Omega to see how much it would be. $212 for the rubber strap, and $264 for the deployant clasp = $476 total plus $10 for shipping. The bracelet seems to run approx. $200 - $300 more than that depending on the source, so for only a $5 difference in the original purchase price you'd be crazy to buy the watch on the rubber strap. The strap is available now, the clasp is on a 4 to 6 week back order. I'm planning to get one when the hobby fund is replenished.
Yea, Omega pricing of new watches really screws any customer who buys the watch on a rubber / leather strap then wants the bracelet. If you even think for a second you'll ever want a bracelet, you need to buy it at time of the watch purchase. Otherwise you really get screwed on pricing. I ran into this on the Planet Ocean. I was shocked at the radical difference in price after sales.

Sweet - Atlanta Falcons and Canterbury Crusaders colours :thumbup:.
That's the 1st thing I thought too! :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.