WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased this Citizen Hisonic in early July and promptly sent it to Rob for service and restoration, The movement was working and the case had the usual scratches and scuff's that accumulates on a 48 year old watch. The biggest challenge was the crystal that was heavily scratched and chipped and no replacement was readily available. Rob solved the problem and worked his magic by fitting a similar Citizen watch crystal in the Hisonic case. The result is a near perfect match to the original. It never ceases to amaze and please me to see the quality work coming from Rob's work bench. The accompanying pictures show the before and after results.

and on the wrist today... (y)

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Purchased this Citizen Hisonic in early July and promptly sent it to Rob for service and restoration, The movement was working and the case had the usual scratches and scuff's that accumulates on a 48 year old watch. The biggest challenge was the crystal that was heavily scratched and chipped and no replacement was readily available. Rob solved the problem and worked his magic by fitting a similar Citizen watch crystal in the Hisonic case. The result is a near perfect match to the original. It never ceases to amaze and please me to see the quality work coming from Rob's work bench. The accompanying pictures show the before and after results.

and on the wrist today... (y)
Way to go accutronredux and Rob! It's a warm fuzzy feeling bringing one of these old work horses back to life. I have a soft spot for the tuning fork watches. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts