WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been eyeing off bronze divers for a while and had a few discussions with other members about them and differnt brands offerings. I came close a few times, and for a a while was eyeing off the Olivier Bronze Diver. But after seeing Scott's Helson I decided that it was the one to go for. Luckily Helson had an extra release, as they had been sold of out of a previous run, so I went ahead and grabbed a bronze diver with brown dial and bezel.

It is a great rugged looking watch. I like the dial and bezel colour, it gives it a bit of a softer feel (although noone could accuse it of being a soft watch!). Unlike Scott I quite like the tough looking rubber strap that it came on. I will likely get a vintage looking leather strap down the track, but for now am happy with it on the rubber.

It's a pity its winter here so it wont get any sea action, but I guess it will get a slower gentler patina as a result. It will be interesting to watch.

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
CONGRATS!!! Love it Craig! of course I'm a bit biased for it.. LOL! :thumbup1:

I really like the brown bezel too. If I'd had a choice I think I would have chosen the same one you did. I like the solid bronze bezel, but that brown bezel is so nice! :drool:

It's a pity its winter here so it wont get any sea action
And here I always thought you Aussie's were a tough lot. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Come on man, get out there & get it wet!!! :thumbup1:

but I guess it will get a slower gentler patina as a result. It will be interesting to watch.
Ah, if you really want to see how fast it can patina and don't want to get into the water, just get yourself a bucket of seawater. Put the watch in it for an hour, take it out, rinse and watch! :thumbup:

And if you don't like it, Brasso will make it brand new again in minutes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.