1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have got the Accutron bug very bad..
Here is my latest purchase.
A really nice Deep Sea Diver.
I think that at last I have a very good collection on the go now :)

Description of the Diver:

Accutron "Deep Sea" model 666Ft. Divers watch with a production date of N0 [1970] It has a huge all stainless steel case with matte finish and measures 41mm across without the double signed crowns and 45mm from top to bottom of the flush mounted lugs. The center of the dial is a grey color followed by the black section where we find the raised silver and luminous hour markers which still shine nicely in the dark. It has a red smooth sweep seconds hand and its original hour and minute hands that also are lume filled and painted a matching grey [factory] to blend with the center section of the dial. It has an inner white and orange rotating elapsed time bezel that is set using the top crown. The orange 15 minute highlighted section on the bezel matches well with the really nice 20mm orange sport strap with it's black top-stich and stainless buckle. Everything on this Accutron works as it should and it has been serviced and phased by one of the leading Accutron technicians in North America to run perfectly on a common 1.5 volt battery. It has a day-date calendar at 3 o'clock with the date being quick set using the bottom crown. The caseback is a screw-down type all properly signed.

The strap obviously is not original as I think all the Deep Sea Devil Divers - 666= Devil - they had metals bands !
Anyway, I really like the Orange band as it fits in very well with the overall look of the watch.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
:001_tt1::001_wub: and Wow, that is a nice Deep Sea. I have an old Bulova advertisement for a Deep Sea, though a different model from yours, with a leather band and an ad for the same model as yours with a metal bracelet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am thinking of buying a steel mesh band/strap for this watch.
Can those in the know give me an idea in mm
in regards the width in size it needs to be to fit the watch.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
The usual size band for an Accutron is 18 mm - originally 17.5 mm but that size isn't available. However, Accutrons have been known to take 19 & 20 mm bands. You will need to measure the distance between the lugs to be certain.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I like the band you have, but this one is also cool

180852139239 on eBay

By the way, I envy your watch. The Deep Sea and World Time are on my list!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Stop posting pictures of beautiful watches :cursing::cursing::cursing: I want one now lol.
That's a beauty, I wouldnt change the strap I think it compliments the watch beautifully :001_wub:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts