WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Beautiful ! I especially like the M9 214 with the red numbers and no date. That looks to me like what a RR Approved should look like.
I have had Bob Pike do one one watch and wouldn't hesitate to have him do another.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Gorgeous trio of classics! All three are superb specimens, but I really love the 24-hour duo; one a 1973 218 with date at 3 o'clock, and the other a 1969 vintage 214. ...Of course, the 1973 214 ain't short-stopping either! "Restoration?" ...looks more like a labor of love.. Superb! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Real beauties! I don't have a 218 RR but need to add one to my wish list - after my ship comes in, that is. Actually, I think my ship sank in hurrycain Sandra! :lol: :sad:

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments. The Railroads are things of beauty! The credit goes to Bob Piker who always produces amazing results with his restorations. I've posted this picture before, but it shows how a total wreck of a watch can be transformed into an item of pride. This was an Asymmetrical MO he restored for me that looks as if if was purchased new yesterday:blink:.

·
Premium Member
5,727 Posts
Very nice set of watches. Railroads are quite the time piece and in a way, so simple in design but it works and are they very popular. I have (2) one 214 and one 218. Piker did one and Ludmil did the other. I think my favorite is my 2181.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.