WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found and won! :thumbup: A very nice standard stainless steel Astronaut with 'Bulova Accutron' on the dial. I will post pic's when I receive it.

My first Astronaut ...... :biggrin:

·
Banned
605 Posts
The astronaut is IMO one of the top ten coolest watches of all time. (With a name like astronaut how could it not be?) And yours looks great! :thumbup1:
I'd like to see your other nine, but I'm really getting a bit of a craving for one. The really good ones are usually way past my budget. And I would only want a good one. And yeah, who as a an older gent who watched "it" (live moon landing) as a 5yr kid live on TV when dad came home from work doesn't want a watch that has the word 'Astronaut' heavily attached to it???

·
Registered
254 Posts
The Omega Cal. 321 Professional Speedmaster Chronograph would be in my top five ... :001_wub:
ditto

Nice Astronaut though. I watch every one on ebay hoping to score a restorable one for around $300 (with working coil). The ones without rusty hands usually go for more than $300. I'd like to get a bullet band as well. I like that combo better than the coffin (not sure why). Astronaut and 14K Alpha are two accutrons I must obtain. :drool:

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
ditto

Nice Astronaut though. I watch every one on ebay hoping to score a restorable one for around $300 (with working coil). The ones without rusty hands usually go for more than $300. I'd like to get a bullet band as well. I like that combo better than the coffin (not sure why). Astronaut and 14K Alpha are two accutrons I must obtain. :drool:
I talked the seller of mine way down last year because of the plain leather band on the watch. Still went for slightly more than $300. At the time, all I could find was the coffin link band - NOS. Like you, I prefer the bullet link band because it has a beefier look but do like the coffin link I have on the watch. I have spent enough on it so, unless someone gives me a NOS bullet link band, the watch will stay as is.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I talked the seller of mine way down last year because of the plain leather band on the watch. Still went for slightly more than $300. At the time, all I could find was the coffin link band - NOS. Like you, I prefer the bullet link band because it has a beefier look but do like the coffin link I have on the watch. I have spent enough on it so, unless someone gives me a NOS bullet link band, the watch will stay as is.
IMO a steel band is a must have for the Astronaut. I will be on the lookout for one. :biggrin:

·
Banned
605 Posts
IMO a steel band is a must have for the Astronaut. I will be on the lookout for one. :biggrin:
Yeah, an Astro should not be on leather IMO. Otherwise it looks like a Sherman tank getting around on car tyres.

Coffin bands are really really really cool, but I reckon a chunky Astro needs a chunky bullet band.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.