WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

What is the majority of your Invicta collection?

• Instrument of timekeeping

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Jewelry

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Both

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Not telling

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I wear a watch to keep track of time. That being said, as long as I am wearing a watch, or anything else, I enjoy a certain sense of style (or lack thereof :001_unsure:) and enjoy accessories to complement that style.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I voted both because different venues dictate differently... the common constant for me of course is to have a timeppiece, otherwise I would just wear a bracelet for jewelry. But when in a more formal venue (bussiness or dressed up evening wear for instance), it becomes as much a timekeeping piece as decoration (jewelry) and I wear the DateDay. In non formal venues and circumstances, it's a reliable timekeeping tool, and I go with the divers.

Good thread!! ... Regards :001_smile:

·
Banned
2,511 Posts
I answered both,the majority of my collection are dive watches,I like the sporty look and durability and they are instuments for diving.Although only my beaters go in the water.:biggrin:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Both here for me as well, I like their timekeeping properties but because I like how they look and the ability for Invictas to draw attention to my wrist, I'd say they are jewelry as well.

@Triton, why only beaters? All of mine get exposed to water equally, of course, they are all a minimum of 100m resistant (1) and the rest are 200m+. Part of the reason I like divers are their ability to withstand water and nicks and dings. Just IMO of course.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Auto how are you?I voted both since the first reason to wear a watch is to know the time.That would be the instrument part now for the jewelry part.Own a lot of divers that will not see any ocean or lake.Own a lot of chronographs that will never time anything.So why have them the look so I think that would make them jewelry.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I don't really like to wear a watch that I consider stupid looking, but first and foremost a watch is an instrument. That it looks good is secondary.

I wore something along these lines for the better part of a decade, perhaps longer.

Watch accurate to one-half second a day, Chronograph, Countdown timer, Calculator/w four-key memory, several alarm modes, 100 page data bank for schedules and telephone numbers.

It was quite an instrument in a very convenient package.

The cell phone now will do most of those things, plus make telephone calls, send text messages and take pictures.

·
Banned
2,511 Posts
Both here for me as well, I like their timekeeping properties but because I like how they look and the ability for Invictas to draw attention to my wrist, I'd say they are jewelry as well.

@Triton, why only beaters? All of mine get exposed to water equally, of course, they are all a minimum of 100m resistant (1) and the rest are 200m+. Part of the reason I like divers are their ability to withstand water and nicks and dings. Just IMO of course.
Hey Nick,I consider my 9937,2729,scuba,abyss and 8926 beaters,I'm just fussy with my higher end ones:001_tt2:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a friend I work with who wears a watch every day. He has five watches and none of them work. He said he feels naked without a watch on his wrist. Definitely jewerly for him; both for myself.

·
Registered
646 Posts
time telling primarily because there isn't much other reason for wearing a miniture clock on your wrist. jewelry secondary because what else would you call a bracelet that supports all those rubies? ;)

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Timepieces that say a little about who I am. Automatic, Scratch Resistant, a few seconds off a day, and in need of a good wind(or unwind) every once in a while.

·
Registered
236 Posts
They look incredible, fit my wrist right out of the box, and are very sturdy - these watches are my definition of "a mans watch - made for men".

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I have a friend I work with who wears a watch every day. He has five watches and none of them work.
:lol:

That sounds like something Kramer would do--vintage, of course!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts