WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,201 Posts
Well, I got good news and bad news.
The Good: You CAN use this as a 1957 birth year watch! It is called the (Masterpiece) BRADFORD "B"
The Bad: You have to share it with other years. Ther e was a plain standard Bradford up until 1955. The diamond Masterpiece Bradford "B" was offered in 1956, 1957, 1958, and finally 1959.
FYI: that B75367 identifies the case and not the movement...for that, you'd need the serial number of the movement. And the 1957 manufacturer's suggested retail price of the BRADFORD "B" was $300.
So you can go ahead and use this watch or keep looking.

Reactions: AnimalChin

·
Super Moderator
17,201 Posts
Damn!
Well, this SHOULD link you to the Hamilton salesman's catalog for the year 1957. Use it to look at all of the watches available for that year. I remember shopping for my own birth-year watch and scored 2! A 1954 Townsend and a 1954 Rodney
Hamilton Catalog 1957 - Vintage Hamilton Watch Forums (vintagewatchforums.com)
Best of luck to you
FYI : that Bradford was NOT wearing the original strap. rather than lizard, it would have been either croc or gator.
This is what the Hammy sales rep looks at:
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Watch accessory Clock

·
Super Moderator
17,201 Posts
with the photo you supplied, it's a 6 or 7-digit number visble from the other side of the movement.

·
Super Moderator
17,201 Posts
Not sure why no one answered the doorbell.
Yes, I AM a VWF member. I figured it would give me better access to the catalogs,
My screen name over there is Malibu (because of the Chevy I drive. Not sure WHY I have a different persona...so far, I've never had a reason to speak with anyone over there. I'm afraid this old dog doesn't learn new tricks easily. Those files belong to a VWF member named nookster and I'm just too computer-illiterate to be able to transfer those files to someone on a different site (namely this one.

What I DID manage was to get you the 1957 INDEX page with all the watches available for that year. I'l try to speak to someone over there and MAYBE find out why you had a problem becoming a member

1 - 6 of 6 Posts