WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
7,649 Posts
Beautiful watch! I know very little about them other than Tiffany stopped producing their own movements in the early 1900's and bought movements / cases from well known suppliers and marked the dials as their own from the early 1920's thru the late 1940's. There is some discussion about them on the NAWCC forum but you might want to check out the Hamilton Chronicles page on the 'Tiffany' watches!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Beautiful watch! I know very little about them other than Tiffany stopped producing their own movements in the early 1900's and bought movements / cases from well known suppliers and marked the dials as their own from the early 1920's thru the late 1940's. There is some discussion about them on the NAWCC forum but you might want to check out the Hamilton Chronicles page on the 'Tiffany' watches!
Thanks for the info. One Hamilton collector Told me that Rene’s book noted that only a handful of these were made for Tiffany in the mid -1920s. Guess I will keep looking : )

·
Super Moderator
17,202 Posts
I just checked: Amazon has a copy for $350 (unread) or there are used copies on both Amazon AND Ebay for $250.
The seller's mark-up on Rene's books is highway robbery, I know!
Sadly, Rene (screenname HamiltonIllinois) hassn't posted here on WTF in a while.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts