WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wearing my new 0420 for 2 weeks and she is consistantly 9 secs slow a day.I'm letting her come to a stop then wind her and start again and see if she gets better or worse or stays the same.
The lume is the weak spot, I can see the hour and minute hands only after a few hours,it's enough to tell time with though.
My 1542 glows all night long with a nice even blue. I wish the 0420 would glow like that.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Placing your watch on your night in different positions will affect how fast/slow it runs too. I will try to look up the info.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
patsbosoxfan said:
Placing your watch on your night in different positions will affect how fast/slow it runs too. I will try to look up the info.
Yup forgot about that. I think it's crown up runs slow crown down runs fast. But I can't be sure

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Running my 0420 down

I set the watch on my dresser yesterday morning a 0750 face up (so I could watch it without moving it)and this morning it's running from 9seconds slow to 1 sec fast,now that's a big change.
All things considered I guess I have a decent watch.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Running my 0420 down

My 0420 finally stopped a 0515 this morning. I pulled the crown out to the first notch and wound her,she started after 20 turns,I then set the watch to the atomic clock.
The watch was running 5 seconds fast last night before I went to bed,3 seconds faster than yesterday morning.
Why did the time change from 9 seconds slow to 2-5 seconds fast by leaving the watch stationary face up?

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
My 0420 finally stopped a 0515 this morning. I pulled the crown out to the first notch and wound her,she started after 20 turns,I then set the watch to the atomic clock.
The watch was running 5 seconds fast last night before I went to bed,3 seconds faster than yesterday morning.
Why did the time change from 9 seconds slow to 2-5 seconds fast by leaving the watch stationary face up?
btw, a watch will always run different on the wrist than off

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
An excellent article to read

http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/general-discussion-forum/27407.htm

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Ulackfocus posted this in another thread and it works perfectly for our purposes even though we're not talking about a Rolex the principles should be the same. Thanks Dennis

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Running my 0420 down

Thanks, now I know why she gained time when laying flat with face up. I'll try that every night and see what happens

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
patsbosoxfan said:
Ulackfocus posted this in another thread and it works perfectly for our purposes even though we're not talking about a Rolex the principles should be the same. Thanks Dennis
As nice as that is, the heavy spot in the balance wheel is different on all watches. Try to find out how YOUR watch reacts to putting it different ways

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Running my 0420 down

As nice as that is, the heavy spot in the balance wheel is different on all watches. Try to find out how YOUR watch reacts to putting it different ways
I set mine on the dresser overnight face up and this morning was 5 secs fast,she was 8 secs slow last night. Tonight I'll try a different position and see.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Running the 0420 down

No matter what position I put the watch in overnight she stays between 1-5 seconds slow on the dresser,when I wear her all day and night it's 9 seconds slow.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Running my 0420 down

I'm very happy with the watch. Where else can you get a titanium watch and an accurate automatic movement that hacks and is windable for under $150.00

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
rmeron said:
I'm very happy with the watch. Where else can you get a titanium watch and an accurate automatic movement that hacks and is windable for under $150.00
And with great, solid, good quality, well made movement

1 - 17 of 17 Posts