WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long chat with my watchmaker he had concerns about painting the hands with lume or any other paint because the paint may cause the hands to rub together. He said it's not like redoing lume on a watch because the paint is filled in on the backside of the hands. This would be different because the paint is going on the top of the hands and this is where the problem lays. So I ordered a new dial from Invicta which is going to take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive and I will have my watch maker install the new dial. Maybe I can sell the Carbon Fiber dial after the fact...lol It only cost $31.00 which I was quite pleased with. I have to say that it took no time to do and the girl I spoke with was great to deal with. So now rather than having a black carbon fiber dial it will be a textured white dial and I will be able to tell the time again!!

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
But I thought that work could only be done "overseas"?:D

Good luck-before and after pics upon completion.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But I thought that work could only be done "overseas"?:D

Good luck-before and after pics upon completion.
All I did was order the dial from Invicta, they will then ship it to me and my watch maker will be installing the new dial.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way, thanks to all of you that helped me out like Pro, 13echo, Datsun and Banned. I just felt this was the better way to go and in the long run it costs the same as having the hands painted. It would have been different if the lume was being filled in behind the hands but I was also nervous when I saw the small amout of space between the hour and the minute hands, I could definately see what he was worried about.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sounds like it is gonna work out perfetct Don, I'm glad the Speedy found a good home. Pics when it's done!!!!

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Absolutely, it will be some time as it is going to take a long time for the dial to come in. I actually saw the model 4354 and that is exactly what it will look like.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hmmm . . Fal, you've given me food for thought. Not to get off topic . .but I wonder if they will allow me to buy that thick bracelet for the new reserve speedy to replace the one I have now . . . hmmmmmmm

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm . . Fal, you've given me food for thought. Not to get off topic . .but I wonder if they will allow me to buy that thick bracelet for the new reserve speedy to replace the one I have now . . . hmmmmmmm
Hey Elliot, all you can do is ask. Are you sure it would fit your Speedy?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Fal, You should find out how much the white MOP dial costs. I've got that on my gold speedy. Then you'd have a truly unique watch since I've not seen the light stainless with the white MOP dial.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fal, You should find out how much the white MOP dial costs. I've got that on my gold speedy. Then you'd have a truly unique watch since I've not seen the light stainless with the white MOP dial.

Hey Elliot,
I have already ordered the white, the MOP would have looked sharp but I am also trying to keep the costs down. I just took my great GM in for $1200.00 worth of work AGAIN!! LOL

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Don,that white face one looks awesome,good luck with your facelift:thumbup1:

It will be nice to be able to tell time on the Speedy. I have no idea why they have dials and hands the same color. As I mentioned in a previous thread the jewellery (by the way this is how we spell jewellery in Canada, I have had a couple people point out what they thought were type O's) store I go to has everything in 2 attached stores. They carry Jaeger Le Coultre, Baume & Mercier, Cartier, Rolex, Breitling, and Tissot. They had to separate the Cartier and Rolex in order to be able to carry all of these lines. The point being I looked at many of the high end watches and many of their models are designed the same way. Gold dial, gold hands, sliver dial silver hands. I think the designers should start looking at functionality as well as looks. Anyway that is now off of my chest as I have mentioned it twice on the forum, it won't be mentioned again...lol. Thanks again Larry.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Cool, It's nice to hear Invicta is working better with the customers. Curious though, does the new dial say Swiss Made? That will be the only Reserve Speedway that I know of that will no longer be Swiss Made once the swap is done. But hey only you, your watchmaker, and the fellow Invicta-philes here will be the only ones to know....

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool, It's nice to hear Invicta is working better with the customers. Curious though, does the new dial say Swiss Made? That will be the only Reserve Speedway that I know of that will no longer be Swiss Made once the swap is done. But hey only you, your watchmaker, and the fellow Invicta-philes here will be the only ones to know....
I never even thought of that, mind you it's an original Invicta Reserve Speedway dial so it should have it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts