WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I pulled my Breitling Chrono GT out of the box to get it ready to wear today, and I noticed that the pointer at 12:00 is missing! :sad::sad::sad:

I had taken several pictures of it lately, so I went back to see if the pointer was in the pictures I had taken. It was there for the earlier pictures, but not for the later ones. I can't believe I didn't notice it missing when I took them.

I live in a small town in Western North Carolina, and I have no idea where an AD might be located. In any event, it probably isn't close. I'm wondering if anyone on this forum can tell me whether I could order a new one along with the screw through the mail, and how I would go about doing it. Thanks!

Before...

After...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Hi Mike
Man!!! That's a real bummer:eek: I think your best bet would be to contact Breitling USA. As the rider tabs(that's what they're called) appear to be gold, I doubt seriously that an AD would stock them and would probably advise you to do what I said.

I hope I've been helpful and please let me(us) know how you make out.

Kind regards
Bob

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information Bob, including the correct terminology. It's hard for people to understand what you need when you aren't even describing the item correctly! I'll contact Breitling USA in the next day or so and keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Thanks for the information Bob, including the correct terminology. It's hard for people to understand what you need when you aren't even describing the item correctly! I'll contact Breitling USA in the next day or so and keep you posted.
You're welcome Mike:)

·
Registered
20,790 Posts
Hey Mike,

Man, that's a real bummer..... :crying:

The good news though is Bob's right, you'll be able to get it no problem via Breitling. The bad news is I highly doubt Breitling will ship it to you directly, they'll only ship to dealers. I couldn't even get them to ship me a link.

If you go to the Breitling website, you can find all the dealers for each state. For NC, they are in Cary, Charlotte, Durham, Raleigh, Wilmington & Winston Salem. If none of those are near, if you're near one of the border states maybe check those too. Who knows, you may be in luck.

If there isn't any locally to you within a reasonable drive, send me a PM with the model # from the back. I can get the rider tab & screw for you via my AD no problem & he'll ship it directly to you... Heck, you'll even save the tax & shipping a rider tab shouldn't be more than a couple of dollars. Let me know if you need the help & I'll put you 2 in touch. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Mike,

If you go to the Breitling website, you can find all the dealers for each state. For NC, they are in Cary, Charlotte, Durham, Raleigh, Wilmington & Winston Salem. If none of those are near, if you're near one of the border states maybe check those too. Who knows, you may be in luck.

If there isn't any locally to you within a reasonable drive, send me a PM with the model # from the back. I can get the rider tab & screw for you via my AD no problem & he'll ship it directly to you... Heck, you'll even save the tax & shipping a rider tab shouldn't be more than a couple of dollars. Let me know if you need the help & I'll put you 2 in touch. :thumbup1:
Thanks for the info Scott. Charlotte is the closest, and it's 2 1/2 hours away. But your comment about bordering states got me thinking about Greenville, SC which is an hour closer. Sure enough, there is an AD there, and I even know where they are located.

I appreciate the offer of help. I'll let you know how this all turns out. Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm Happy Now!!!

Well it took a while, probably due to the holidays, but my Chrono GT is finally fixed. :thumbup:

Scott D & Bob, your suggestions were greatly appreciated, and a major help. I found an AD in Greenville, South Carolina who ordered the rider tab for me. They offered to mail it to me but I decided to go see them because I wanted to try on an Evo (for future reference!) anyway. As it turns out, they are also an AD for several other brands, including Rolex, Tag Heuer, Tissot, etc. While there, we agreed on a price for a new Yachtmaster, which was my next intended purchase anyway. They just have to get the specific version I want.

Here are the before and after pictures of my Chrono GT. Thanks again Scott D & Bob!!!

:sad:

:001_wub:

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Hi Mike,

It's good to hear that it all went well.I can understand your concern as that is a beautiful watch.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Mike,

It's good to hear that it all went well.I can understand your concern as that is a beautiful watch.:thumbup1:
Thanks Aaron! It's going to get a lot of wrist time to make up for the last month.:laugh:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Would one of these be easy to put on yourself though? I'd think I would either send it to Breitling or to an AD to have it done. Of course if you send it off its going to be gone who knows how long I'd imagine. I don't know how the rider tabs are affixed to the bezel.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Well it took a while, probably due to the holidays, but my Chrono GT is finally fixed. :thumbup:

Scott D & Bob, your suggestions were greatly appreciated, and a major help. I found an AD in Greenville, South Carolina who ordered the rider tab for me. They offered to mail it to me but I decided to go see them because I wanted to try on an Evo (for future reference!) anyway. As it turns out, they are also an AD for several other brands, including Rolex, Tag Heuer, Tissot, etc. While there, we agreed on a price for a new Yachtmaster, which was my next intended purchase anyway. They just have to get the specific version I want.

Here are the before and after pictures of my Chrono GT. Thanks again Scott D & Bob!!!

:sad:

:001_wub:
You're welcome Mike. The watch looks great and I'm glad I could help:thumbup1:

Kind regards
Bob:)

JohnR
On that model, I believe the rider tabs are held on by small screws.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Would one of these be easy to put on yourself though? I'd think I would either send it to Breitling or to an AD to have it done. Of course if you send it off its going to be gone who knows how long I'd imagine. I don't know how the rider tabs are affixed to the bezel.
Hey John,

Bob is correct.On that model the rider tabs are secured by the bezel screws.A great picture is Scotts LE refurbish post.

However on my Super Ocean Chrono the tabs don't have the screws and it appears that they may be integral with the bezel,unles once the bezel is removed they screw from the bottom.

Either way I wont be removing my bezel to find out just yet.:001_rolleyes:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, this was a simple screw-in rider. He added a dab of Loc-tite to the screw to avoid a recurrence. My main reason for having him do it was that it gave me an excuse to try on an Evo!

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Glad it all turned out OK Mike. And a brand new YM to boot as well.:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Yes, this was a simple screw-in rider. He added a dab of Loc-tite to the screw to avoid a recurrence. My main reason for having him do it was that it gave me an excuse to try on an Evo!
So, we'll just have to sneak over the the Rolex forum for a peek at the YM will we? I guess a great watch is a great watch, whatever the brand....:biggrin:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So, we'll just have to sneak over the the Rolex forum for a peek at the YM will we? I guess a great watch is a great watch, whatever the brand....:biggrin:
Hopefully very soon! But I was pleasantly surprised at how the Evo looked on my wrist too. If I can ever figure out which variation I want I'll be all set.:confused1:

·
Registered
20,790 Posts
Hey Mike,

Glad it turned out well :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Aaron, I wasn't aware the ridertabs on the SO-Chrono weren't screwed in... Hummm, interesting.. I bet they clip on under the bezel.. Come on - take that bezel off & clear up the mystery.... :biggrin: :biggrin: :eek:hmy:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sorry that you went through that. I have one watch (not a Breitling though) where this exact same thing happened to me twice and it really affected how often I would wear the watch. Glad things are working out. Best of luck. :001_smile:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.