WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5Nd5K45J13G93F73J9bcqab0fcd6e64c51621.jpg (don't know if it is actual watch)

I hope the pictures attached.

I'm hoping to find out information about a Bulova Marine Star. I know it's an older watch, going to check it out tomorrow. What would be a fair used price if it is in good working order?

5L85G75Ff3K33Id3Ffbcqf336ce9c2b831217.jpg (don't know if it is actual watch)

Also, I'm going to look at a Accutron railroad approved wrist watch. It has date code N1 (1971?). It has 214 movement, and a leather strap. what would be a fair price for one of these?

I do have a friend going with me, that I trust, and he is a collector. I'm trying to get educated! Thanks for and help/ advice provided.
-j

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
The Bulova looks Japanese and quartz. $25. Accutron if quartz $25, if mechanical and older maybe $50?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
The lower on, the Bulova Accutron 'Railroad Approved' has a tuning-fork based electronic movement. Very cool innovation, very accurate, also 40-50 years old. If it's working, great. If not, getting it so can be pricey. There are more folks out there who will take on an Accutron than a Hamilton Electric, I think, but still, parts can be hard to come by.

OTOH, that model is a piece of history. One of the first (but not THE first) wristwatches approved for railroad service, after almost 70 years of that being reserved exclusively for pocketwatches.

Check the Bulova Forum, there are a bunch of Accutron lovers there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts