WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm about to make a purchase that I've been waiting nearly three years to make, and need your feedback to choose between the two that I have narrowed it down to. I need a watch that can be the only one I'll take on a vacation, meaning I can swim and play in it by day, dress up in it by night in a suit.

I am considering the Sport Evolution Panorama Date on a bracelet with the black dial, or the Senator Seventies Panorama Date, also on a bracelet with either a black or silver dial. Both are beautiful pieces, with exceptional build quality. Although neither can be considered true haute horological pieces, as they're so simple and lack complications like a moon phase or annual calendar, they make up for that in their beauty, build quality, and exclusivity. I don't want to come across as materialistic and shallow, but I believe that the watch a person wears speaks volumes about their character and values. I don't want to be just another guy in a Submariner, or Planet Ocean Seamaster. I want to wear a watch that the average person won't recognize or be familiar with, and one that earns the respect of the people in the know. I believe Glashutte Original is the brand to offer that.

I am getting a PHENOMENAL deal from my local Authorized Dealer, the sport evo for around $7M, and the senator seventies for a little under $8M, both brand new. This will be my final watch acquisition for several years, so my decision is very important to me. Also because I already have an extensive watch collection, that any serious collector would consider to be respectable, but this glashutte will be more expensive than any other watch I have, roughly three times as expensive as most of my other watches. I will be purchasing within the next week, so I really need some feedback right away.

I greatly appreciate your time and opinions, please feel free to speak your mind honestly.

Cheers,
Jeremiah

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update - I was only considering the black dial on the senator seventies because I thought the blue dial had been sold. It turns out that the reason I didn't see it in the glashutte display case, was because the salesmen who want familiar with their system, didn't realize the blue dial was in the front display window.

Now that I have access to the blue dial, I'm probably going with that one. Unless you guys are able to persuade me otherwise.

All thoughts are welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.