·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Fred Friedberg is the 'undisputed' authority on Illinois watches. He has written a book entitled, "The Illinois Watch, The Life and Times of a Great American Watch Company". If you can come by a copy of it, or, if a friend has it, you will likely be able to identify your watch.

Plus there may be a couple of poster's by that can shed some light your watch. Very nice, by the way!:thumbup1:

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
View attachment 31372 View attachment 31373 View attachment 31374
Can someone identify the name of the model of this Illinois wrist watch ? I have been unable to find one like it while surfing the net.
The case is made by the Eligin Giant Case company.
The serial number of the watch is 5098684.
Thank you
Hello Nitram,

Welcome to the American!

This is an interesting little Illinois that fits into the "Generic" period.
From what I can see, it doesn't have an exact name.

From Fred Friedberg's fine book:
During the Generic period from the early 1920's to the early 1930's, many watches with Illinois movements
and dials were cased in various cases that could also house at that period Elgins or Walthams.
None of these were cased at the Illinois Watch Factory, but they are true Illinois watches and are fairly easy to acquire.
Some examples of these watches are described in under Ace, Bryce, Canby, Cushion, Locke,
Rectangular, Special, Square Cut Corner, Tank, Wayne and Whippet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Illinois Watch

Thanks very much for the replies.
I am curious, because it is generic, is it not as valuable ?
I like the watch very much. It's big and chunky.
I live near Buffalo NY and I am lucky to have a gentleman the repairs watches in Tonawanda NY. He's great. He got this one going and cleaned up the face a without destroying the natural aged look.
Anyway, I love wearing this baby.
Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts