WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For me now that I have owned them for awhile it's my SC B2 & M20 with there "premium handwind rhodium finished ETA 6498-1 with polished gears, Geneva stripes and blued screws"
Of all the movements in all my watches not only do these look the best, they also just feel super solid when winding them. If you can afford it and you don't own either of these I would highly recommend getting one before they are gone. That ETA movement is not the best movement I own, but it sure feels the best to me when I wind it. And they are getting super rare now with the way Swatch is cutting off supplies.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Yup, 6498-1/2 fan here too... Eta 2892-2 for automatic watches is my favorite though. Smoothest winding movement ever made.

I still see tons of micro brands selling Eta based models, so I don't know where lummy gets them from but they're certainly still available.

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
All my Lum-Tec's have ETA 2824's in them. My V1 Red LE has decorated 2824.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Another vote here for the 6498 hand-wind movement.

The winding process emits a zen-like symphony of precise gearing that I find soothing to the soul ... almost like a cat's purr.

I wind my SCB2 every morning and evening .... a simple pleasure, indeed!

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
623 Posts
I know this will sound like a weird choice but I really like the C1's twin barrel Russian movement that was revamped by lumtec somehow. It's accurate, has a nice sweep and good power reserve. But the quirky thing is if you hold it to your ear you can hear it makes a kind of musical pattern as all the ticks go on inside. I also like my Swiss ETA movement and the Seiko each for different reasons. I don't own a decorated movment yet but that would sure be something to have.

C1 for those who forgot what it loos like.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
I know this will sound like a weird choice but I really like the C1's twin barrel Russian movement that was revamped by lumtec somehow. It's accurate, has a nice sweep and good power reserve. But the quirky thing is if you hold it to your ear you can hear it makes a kind of musical pattern as all the ticks go on inside.
I love the vintage twin barrel Soviet movement as well, although I have one in my M17 phantom. I agree, this movement has been very accurate, and has a good power reserve. I know many people didn't like the "quick set" date on the M17 but I personally like it. This was my second LÜM-TEC.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I love the vintage twin barrel Soviet movement as well, although I have one in my M17 phantom. I agree, this movement has been very accurate, and has a good power reserve. I know many people didn't like the "quick set" date on the M17 but I personally like it. This was my second LÜM-TEC.
I have the M19 myself. I can't seem to hear the ticking though...hopefully it's not my hearing that's going away:scared:

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
As far as hand winder accuracy goes I once owned this Russian Raketa-Marine 24 Hour with a hand wound movement. It was absolutely dead on perfect over 24 hours! By far the most accurate watch I have ever owned, and I think I paid $45 for it.. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
The M28's SOPROD 9040 is by far my favorite:thumbup1:

It is one of the highest quality in terms of fit and finish. Timing is better and more consistent than any other L-T engine that I have owned and that's saying alot for the 9040..

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I look forward to more Soprod powered watches in the future...
It is actually ETA powered because the base calibre of the LT M26 and M28 really is an ETA 2892-A2, with the Soprod 9040 power reserve module installed on top.

That is also the reason why the M28 date wheel appears to be sitting deeper than usual...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.