WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could change one item about Breitlings, what would it be?

Besides the price. After all, we all would like to see them less expensive. But if the Breitling designers came to you & said we're going to change / remove / add one characteristic of the Breitlings for you, what would you like it to be? What would make Breitling a better watch for you?

Let's hear your thoughts!!

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is hard as I really like the Breitling's as they are. But if I had to chose it would probably be:

1) more satin finished designs. I like the polished look of most, but sometimes I want something a bit less flashy. Offer more models in a satin or satin / polished combo

or

2) More 3 hand designs. How about a 3 hand 'typical' pilots style watch? Something like the Navitimer, but only 3 hands - no chronograph.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Hi Scott,

I would like to see a Sapphire glass case back on some of the Breitlings.

I appreciate this would be impossible on the watches with a deep water resistancy rating. But that is nowhere near the whole collection.

Also, and I'm probably going to get some flak for this, I would like them to remove the Bentley connection with that particular collection.

The Breitling for Bentley is a stunning collection, especially the jumping hour:drool::drool::drool: but I've never seen the attraction of having a car manufacturer's name on a watch face.:001_unsure:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think Breitling does a fantastic job with there watches, I would love to see a blacksteel offered again with a blacksteel bracelet instead of the rubber strap. I also agree that there should be some with the saphire case back and I wouldnt mind if the bentley collection went away, now that I already have one...:001_tt2:

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
I feel it is more of a case of "If it aint broke dont fix it.":001_tt2:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I would like them to use the anti-reflective coating only on the inside. The hazy look has caused me to back away a few times when I was ready to buy one.

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Simpler designs. Many Breitlings are too busy for my taste. Of course, if they followed my suggestion then they'd just be like every other company.

So my second thought: Make your own movements. Don't just modify ETA/Selita products.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Would not change a thing. There are currently quite a few Breitlings I want to own right now so IMHO there's no need to change any of them.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Breitling makes a great watch. My guess is that they are already working on creating their own in-house movements because of the industry wide change initiated by Swatch. I would also welcome more "Big Date" featured timepieces.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I agree with having a see through case back. It would be nice to see the movement and what finishing they do on the rotor when they rebuild the kits.
I would like to see an option to have a magnifier cyclops on the date.
I would also like to know what the weight of kerosene to water is. This would be of more use to me on the calculator on the back of my Super Avenger. I know they do it because it is for aviation use but when they do the conversion of leters to pounds it is for kerosene or jet fuel. Does anyone know how much a gallon of jet fuel weighs compared to a gallon of water?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I wish they would make a few more watches with a pure white dial like the white dialed ChronoAvenger. Their silver dials all look white in the pics until you see them in person. I've been longing for a white dialed watch for some time, but have yet to find one I like. I almost had a white CA until it was a fake and Hannes helped me get my money back from the woman in Germany.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts