WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thread might be a little more oriented to the flippers, but the keepers could easily play along to. Take a look at your current line-up and think about if one or two were never made. What would you own instead?

I just saw Budabear's SWI chrono in Sunday's WRUW thread:

The first thing I thought was "man, if I didn't own my Breitling Chrono Cockpit that would be a great Valjoux 7750 representive".

What about you guys and gals? Is there a watch out there that you wouldn't mind owning if it's place in your box weren't already filled by a similar watch?

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
If not for my Breitling Chronomat, I'd own ______________ .

A Seiko Brightz Phoenix SAGH005

or a Ulysses Nardin Maxi Marine Diver.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If not for my common sense, I'd own a Kobold Phantom.
See dude, you're injecting rationality into a totally irrational hobby and it's costing you a cool looking watch. Any watch over $20 is a slap in the face of common sense. Get rid of that trait quick and get yourself a nice watch. :wink::T

·
Registered
93 Posts
See dude, you're injecting rationality into a totally irrational hobby and it's costing you a cool looking watch. Any watch over $20 is a slap in the face of common sense. Get rid of that trait quick and get yourself a nice watch. :wink::T
Completely agree. But $4,200 for a Kobold defies even the most unrealistic definitions of "irrational."

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Completely agree. But $4,200 for a Kobold defies even the most unrealistic definitions of "irrational."
Two words: Jonny Sonbul. That Kobald looks a lot better after you see what you get for their prices. :lol:

EDIT: I take that back. Apparently Jonny, the bold son of father time, has lowered his prices. Just checked his site and there's even a discount code for his hockey pucks. Don't worry all you Sonbull$#!t fans - he still makes pink and chartreuse watches!

·
Registered
260 Posts
If not for my desire to retire someday, I'd own either an IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar in 18k red gold (IW502306), or a JLC Duometre.

But, since we do want to retire some day, without having to diminish our lifestyle, no such grand acquisition is in store for me.

Not that I spend a lot of time feeling sorry for myself. :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
There's nothing I've got that I want to give up, but I want, I want ,I want....

This one.. Credor chrongraph 6S74A movement in 18k gold case, limited edition $$$$

credor1ha3[1].jpg credor2td4[1].jpg

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
If not for my Sub LV

I'd have either the 14060M
(Picture is from member, SAG)

or a Panerai 48
(Picture is from member, Wisconsin Proud)

When I bought my Sub LV these were the three that I was deciding between. Since I was having such a hard time deciding, there was one point where I almost went with a Sub and the Panerai. Ultimately, I did the responsible thing and only chose one, although it sure would have been cool to walk out with two of my grails that day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts