WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me again..................I was hoping someone will be able to identify which Hamilton this is. Looks in great condition .......... the shot of the case back seems have nothing on it so pretty sure it has an analog movement, alas these are the only pics.
Andy

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,700 Posts
CometHunter may have met his match on this bugger!

It's the hands: they're too fancy for a watch after World War 2 (no civilian production from 1942 until 1946). I'm gonna have to start in the early 30s and work forward. Don't expect anything from me until probably Sunday Morning.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CometHunter may have met his match on this bugger!

It's the hands: they're too fancy for a watch after World War 2 (no civilian production from 1942 until 1946). I'm gonna have to start in the early 30s and work forward. Don't expect anything from me until probably Sunday Morning.
Thanks Bill.................

·
Super Moderator
16,700 Posts
A couple came REAL close but I'm danged if I can find any that have the same spring bar lugs that your watch has.
I just can't find anything.! I'll try one more time tonight.

·
Super Moderator
16,700 Posts
I'm glad you said that. I didn't want to say anything like that prematurely, but I was sure thinking it!
There's something else, too. I agree with MikeyT that this seems like a post-war watch. BUT...
that style of hour and minute hand was discontinued by Hamilton after 1942. When 1946 rolled around, Hamilton used THESE hands on their watches:
Product Font Clock Wood Material property

Reactions: BunkerBoy

·
Administrator
7,150 Posts
There are some markings along the top edge of that case back but i cant read them. Its also possible this watch has been cobbled together from parts and if so, you wont find it in a catalogue.

·
Super Moderator
16,700 Posts
I'm through! There are only 2 catalogs I vaven't checked, the 1942 and 1947, and that's because they're not illustrated....text only.
Of course the hands COULD be from an earlier Hammy. Nonetheless, I'm calling it a Frankenwatch. That is most likely a Hamilton dial, and of course those hands could be from an earlier Hammy, but I'm convinced (unless someone has picture proof otherwise) that is NOT a Hamilton case! Sorry!

Reactions: BunkerBoy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm through! There are only 2 catalogs I vaven't checked, the 1942 and 1947, and that's because they're not illustrated....text only.
Of course the hands COULD be from an earlier Hammy. Nonetheless, I'm calling it a Frankenwatch. That is most likely a Hamilton dial, and of course those hands could be from an earlier Hammy, but I'm convinced (unless someone has picture proof otherwise) that is NOT a Hamilton case! Sorry!
Wow Bill.............Thanks for all your effort and time..............I hav'nt heard back from the vendor yet.
Andy

·
Super Moderator
16,700 Posts
Best of luck to you. Whatever watch that is, wear it in good health!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Me again..................I was hoping someone will be able to identify which Hamilton this is. Looks in great condition .......... the shot of the case back seems have nothing on it so pretty sure it has an analog movement, alas these are the only pics.
Andy
It's probably from 1954-1958. I have a Bulova that looks identical. It's worth about $100.00

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's probably from 1954-1958. I have a Bulova that looks identical. It's worth about $100.00
Thanks Pete.................seems others were thinking the same that its not a Hamilton case. I have messaged to the vendor to ask for more pics but still no reply, maybe he knows the truth but unwilling to say it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was looking at the face and the minute markers seem to curved at the sides and the one ones top and bottom to straight ...........theres no symetry with the shape of the case.....!!!
Andy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts