WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know the model name or era of mfg for this Hamilton Automatic?
bought it from my watch dealer today for what I thought was a good price. (30 dollars)
Are these Swiss made Hamilton Autos considered reliable enough for daily wear?
Thanks for any answers.

690925d1335394460-id-vintage-hamilton-watch-hamilton.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,643 Posts
It appears to be a Hamilton A-507: first appearing in the 1965-1966 catalog until 1968- possibly 1969.

The hour and minute hand are different from the catalog illustration, but everything else looks correct and original. They were probably replaced at the factory during a repair service, or a watch repairman could have done this at the request of the original owner. And I agree with Widows Son...it would be an excellent everyday watch. I have several.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks gents. I had my watchmaker check it out and he said it looked good to go. I normally save my mechanicals for weekend or evening wear and wear a Seiko quartz for day to day but I thought why not try a vintage auto? May as well give it a go and see how long she lasts :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
15,643 Posts
And who knows who you'll meet. So far, I've met the owner of a Rolex Cellini and Bell & Ross at the supermarket, an Orange Monster and 2 Precisionists,at the mall, a 60s Waltham at the book store, and a Submariner at the bank, and I've lost track of the pieces Ive seen in the jewelry stores - all because of my 40s Hamiltons.

·
Super Moderator
15,643 Posts
Blast it!...I thought I'd shaken all those paparazzi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts