WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, since "Men in Black 3" is out, I'm reminded again that I saw the Ventura in the first movie, and was surprised that it was a still-manufactured watch (I was not into watches 15 years ago). I saw the stainless XXL in the store a few days ago and was thinking that maybe it's time to pull the trigger. But I went to the local Tourneau store today to try one one and, well, I have big wrists is all I'm gonna say.

Anyone know of Hamilton (or someone else) makes longer straps for any of the Ventura models? They won't take normal straps...

·
Super Moderator
15,640 Posts
Actually, they weren't still being made. The prop department used vintage watches for the first MIB. 1962 was the final year the Ventura was offered in their catalogs.

I know of nobody that offers an alternative strap for the Ventura XXL. You will probably have to contact Hamilton directly for advice.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, they weren't still being made. The prop department used vintage watches for the first MIB. 1962 was the final year the Ventura was offered in their catalogs.

I know of nobody that offers an alternative strap for the Ventura XXL. You will probably have to contact Hamilton directly for advice.
Well, it wouldn't surprise me if they used vintage watches for the first movie, but I thought that the Ventura was still being made when Hamilton closed up shop in 1969. And, of course, they started making them again in the 1990s.

·
Super Moderator
15,640 Posts
Your source of information could be confusing the Pacer with the Ventura. The Pacer was still available until
the appearance of the 1968-1969 catalog. And except for the lugs, there is a similarity between the two.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your source of information could be confusing the Pacer with the Ventura. The Pacer was still available until
the appearance of the 1968-1969 catalog. And except for the lugs, there is a similarity between the two.
Ah...that's probably what it was. And when the first MiB movie came out, the Ventura was put back into production.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So...I sent a request to Hamilton a few days ago, asking about the longer strap for the Ventura. Their response? "Please give us the model number, etc, and then ask your question." I love automated responses. Especially the ones that take two days to get back to yo. :T:T:T

·
Registered
32 Posts
So, since "Men in Black 3" is out, I'm reminded again that I saw the Ventura in the first movie, and was surprised that it was a still-manufactured watch (I was not into watches 15 years ago). I saw the stainless XXL in the store a few days ago and was thinking that maybe it's time to pull the trigger. But I went to the local Tourneau store today to try one one and, well, I have big wrists is all I'm gonna say.

Anyone know of Hamilton (or someone else) makes longer straps for any of the Ventura models? They won't take normal straps...
try times of plenty. beautifull straps.& a forum sponsor

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am pretty sure that Rene Rondeau is an official Hamilton distributor for modern Hamiltons. He is also THE official Hamilton Historian for the modern Hamilton Watch Company (Swatch) as well as the most knowledgeable person on the planet regarding most Hamiltons and all Hamilton electrics, including vintage Venturas and Pacers. Do a google search and you will find his website.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am pretty sure that Rene Rondeau is an official Hamilton distributor for modern Hamiltons. He is also THE official Hamilton Historian for the modern Hamilton Watch Company (Swatch) as well as the most knowledgeable person on the planet regarding most Hamiltons and all Hamilton electrics, including vintage Venturas and Pacers. Do a google search and you will find his website.
I already swapped emails with Rene. No dice...

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts

I went to see MIB3 the other day here in Zambia. Can say with 100% surety that I was the only one in the cinema wearing a Hamilton watch!

Came home and googled the watches worn in the movie. Lots of talk about the XXL or whatever - but neither of the watches touted as being worn in the movie were the one shown in the close up towards the end. It had the black, triangular face like a Ventura and Pacer - but had silver/chrome rimmed subdials (2 or 3 of them; it was just a quick glimpse). Anyone have any idea what the watch was?

EDIT: Found this at the Hamilton review site at the top of this forum <<HERE>>.... May have answered my own question. The Hamilton Ventura Chrono.... as seen in MIB2 apparently. I like it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts