WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my M49 in for a bracelet install and I am really missing it. This experience has exposed a gap in my timekeeping ability. Do you think my wife will buy it?

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
I sent my M49 in for a bracelet install and I am really missing it. This experience has exposed a gap in my timekeeping ability. Do you think my wife will buy it?
Depends... Have you tried buying her a John Deere riding mower for your wedding anniversary yet?

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission. I'm waiting on my second. It was especially painful when I was without my B13 for a week!

My dad tried the riding lawnmower on mother's day. He thought he had gotten away with it until he received a very expensive sewing machine for father's day.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is very funny. Well I can justify it in my head with "the two were less than the last breitling I sold". Still not sure. Did I mention that she is a good shot!

It's only a matter of time, maybe I'll get her a new timepiece first.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Is your wife a school teacher, and does she beat you with a bicycle chain (or a pillowcase filled with doorknobs) over trivial things like watch-buying?

Just askin'.

A friend of mine (who is not me) wants to know.

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
176 Posts
It's a very good point. What are you thinking of getting? A B combat in my view is a must as it just screams Lum-Tec. =)

·
Registered
356 Posts
I think the fact that at some point the watch will need to go in for timing adjustment & seal replacement or battery & seal replacement, you'll need a watch for the time you're without it. Works for me! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
...and because sometimes that happens with BOTH watches at the same time, you need a third...which, of course, merely multiplies your chances that all three may be unavailable at some point, hence the third....and then, this year is a Leap Year...! :lol:

·
Registered
583 Posts
...and because sometimes that happens with BOTH watches at the same time, you need a third...which, of course, merely multiplies your chances that all three may be unavailable at some point, hence the third....and then, this year is a Leap Year...!

Good God, man! Are you suggesting that it is appropriate to own at least three Lüm-Tecs at one time??? :scared:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts