WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined and immediately donated to become a part of this forum but didn't receive so much as a hello thank you from the mods. Hey, you can return my money if you like, I plan on joining a different forum, one where I'll feel more welcomed and appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
I joined and immediately donated to become a part of this forum but didn't receive so much as a hello thank you from the mods. Hey, you can return my money if you like, I plan on joining a different forum, one where I'll feel more welcomed and appreciated.
Hi Senicko,

First off, welcome to WTF. I only saw this post because you posted it in the General Discussion Forum, a widely trafficked part of the site. Your initial post where you took the time to introduce yourself was in the Vintage Rolex forum, something of a niche section that I only stumbled upon whilst investigating your grievance. That said, moderator AAKVIPER did in fact welcome you upon your making that initial post.

I hope you take a bit more time to form an opinion about wanting to continue to participate here at WTF. You will come to find that we are an exceedingly friendly and informative group.

Thanks for taking the time to state your feelings. However, in the future I would ask that you take such grievances to a more private setting via the PM function. We are more than happy to address complaints and criticisms in a prompt fashion.

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Well, Tommy is certainly more polite than I am. What, are you upset we didn't throw a parade? :001_rolleyes: This is the first time I've noticed your screen name man, and it's because you're whining that nobody made a fuss over you!

·
Banned
778 Posts
Wow.

When you suffer any of lifes real problems you will crumble.

Your loss by the way (I doubt it is mine having read that little rant). I am a member of a few forums and without exception this is the best for quality posters and information. It isn't the busiest - but it is definitely the best. Period.

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
Well lets see....

You started out with a post in the Vintage Rolex forum, saying you are a new member and putting a photo of your very nice vintage Rolex. The Vintage Rolex moderator welcomed you, and commented on your nice watch.
You then go to the General forum and state you want to leave because you didn't receive a hello and thank you from the mods. What, were you expecting a welcome from every mod here?

:confused1: :confused1:

Did you start a "hello new member here" thread in the General Forum before saying how unfriendly it is here? Didn't think so. Had you, or if you'd bothered to look thru some of the ones where people have, you'd have seen new members are warmly welcomed here. Or did you expect the moderators, who are UNPAID volunteers, to be on the look out for new members such as yourself to join and reply with all sorts of praise & welcomes for gracing us with your online presence? I for one have never sen a forum do that, so if that's what you're looking for good luck. You do realize we have 30,000+ members right? And that in any given day dozens of new members join, most who never join in any constructive conversation.

Instead of jumping off stating how unfriendly the mods are you spend some time introducing yourself to the community and seeing how that works. After all, you're the new guy in the room.

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
Yes, when I post with attitude i expect to get similar responses too... :001_rolleyes:

You certainly didn't make much of an effort to be welcomed by the community, so the loss is yours. Don't let the door hit you you-know-where....

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Can you apply his $10 to my acct ? :001_tt2:
:laugh:

I'm gonna let the members see behind the curtain for a second. This is the OP's list of IP addresses:

The consecutive numbers is something that is generated by a program designed to hide your real IP address and rotate it, like Hotspot Shield or Alien IP. One use, for instance, would be to access forums or other places that your regular IP address is banned from.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
I hope you read this If you are a sincere lover of watches and watch related topics You've made a mistake by leaving here. It's one of the most friendly tolerant understanding and informative watch sites PERIOD!!! I'm not a computer whiz or geek but I know and feel a comfortable place that welcomes every and anyone that reaches out. They even welcome me back after posting my Invicta (lol) No controversy just having fun Kudos to the moderators for taking the high road Enjoy your next forum Perhaps it should be one that includes excerpts from Emily Post

·
Registered
174 Posts
The consecutive numbers is something that is generated by a program designed to hide your real IP address and rotate it, like Hotspot Shield or Alien IP. One use, for instance, would be to access forums or other places that your regular IP address is banned from.
So this was potentially a previously exiled troll who was not only moved to return, but also spent money on the site, only to clumsily exit once more... The world is full of nitwits I will never quite understand.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Good bye just the response I expected, keep the 10 bucks guys.
Welcome to the forums and I guess goodbye.....

I had a nice welcome from the forums and everyone is always helpful and polite. You must be putting off bad vibes.... or maybe attitude??

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
So this was potentially a previously exiled troll who was not only moved to return, but also spent money on the site, only to clumsily exit once more... The world is full of nitwits I will never quite understand.
Possibly, yes. If it was, it only cost $10 to make a big stink about this place and it's patron program. I guess it was worth it to him/her. :confused1:

did he not get my fruit basket I sent???
:lol:

Please send the receipt to our hospitality forum for remuneration.

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
sounds like his $10 went to "I would like to buy an argument"..... too bad he had a short fuse, pretty good group of
folks around here actually.... he might have learned something.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.