WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I want to know is this: What is the deal, with Aquaswiss?

In a search here, in WTF, I have found a few threads in which people owned an Aquaswiss, and generally seemed happy with them. But that's all I could find. I want to know why they are listed as being at retail prices for over 1k but sold on anywhere from Amazon, Ebay, and Property Room for all around 200ish.

THAT just seems shady to me. I have a Bulova and love it and I'm looking to get a couple more watches here and there as I go along and some of the Aquaswiss look REALLY nice. But I'll be ****ed if I drop 200 on something that's just gonna fall apart on me or isn't even worth it.

I just want to know why they are listed so high but marked down so cheap... I just don't get it. Is it a quality watch or no?

Thanks!

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
I just want to know why they are listed so high but marked down so cheap... I just don't get it.
That's a common tactic among brands that are sold on those infomercial type shows like Renato & Invicta. List price is an imaginary number. Most of us agree it's pretty smarmy to say a product costs $2000 but today only it's $149.95!!! :001_rolleyes::laugh: It must work because people buy the stuff. I couldn't tell you if it's any good or not - I stay away from anything advertised like that so I've never owned one.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Drop $250 on a Seiko Orange Monster, 007 or 009 and walk away with an honest watch you can be proud of anywhere........my man. :cool1:

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've taken a peek at Aquaswiss, but that whole "huge discount" thing gets to me (don't know why). They are decent looking watches though.
However, for $200-$300, here are some brands you could buy new: Seiko, Certina, Victorinox, Citizen, Chase-Durer, Tissot, Luminox, Accutron...not to mention the vintage watches that can be had for that kind of money.
I'd prefer any of those companies to Aquaswiss, but--of course, to each his/her own :thumbup1:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks guys, that's actually sound advice.

I've already told myself I WILL own an Accutron and a Citizen at some point. :p

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I have two Citizens and although they're decent watches I would recommend an automatic watch much more. My first three watches were quartz and my next five have been automatic.

If you want a big bang for the money please check out Orient watches. They're owned now by Citizen but they produce very nice time pieces for under $150.00. They're on Amazon or their website (search Orient watch on Google). If you don't have an auto now, you should get one soon! Seiko orange/black monster are probably the best bang for the money of any modern watch on the market. It has been recommended 3 times now and there is a reason for that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts