WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Pre-Ordered The Just Announced Canon 5D Mark III>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hey guys!

I just put up a post on ThruMyLens about Canon's announcement today of the new 5D Mark III:

I Just Pre-Ordered The Canon 5D Mark III | ThruMyLens

My pre-order is placed, so hopefully I'll receive it when it is released "at the end of March." OF COURSE, I'm leaving March 31st for a week in Florida, so I'm sure I'll be out of down when it arrives... :001_rolleyes::001_unsure::laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Wow! Thats pretty cool!

Ive got my eye on the 7D but got no time to use it if I purchase it. I will definitely be getting sometime though!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I wouldn't sell the 7D, John. Like you say in your write-up, having a crop sensor is handy. My crop body is a 40D, and it's a nice back-up to the 5D. I don't have anything which even approaches a passing interest in shooting video, so the 5D is still a great option for me.

You should do okay when you sell the MKII. When I bought my 5D, prices on a used MKII were still over two grand. Granted, that was before the MKIII was announced, but I'd imagine you'll still do okay.

I'm interested to know what change, from the MKII to the MKIII, made you look at it and go, "Oh, yeah; gotta' have it"...

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't sell the 7D, John. Like you say in your write-up, having a crop sensor is handy. My crop body is a 40D, and it's a nice back-up to the 5D. I don't have anything which even approaches a passing interest in shooting video, so the 5D is still a great option for me.

You should do okay when you sell the MKII. When I bought my 5D, prices on a used MKII were still over two grand. Granted, that was before the MKIII was announced, but I'd imagine you'll still do okay.

I'm interested to know what change, from the MKII to the MKIII, made you look at it and go, "Oh, yeah; gotta' have it"...
The new autofocus system, and faster frame rate will make it MUCH easier for me to use a single camera. I've often had to travel with both the 5DM2 and the 7D because each did something very well the other didn't. The two-stop light advantage will also be quite nice, as will the duel card slot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts