WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

I love my Invicta, but....

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  dr_mitch 
#1 ·
Anyone have any problems with their Invictas?
I had a blue automatic diver - some of the blue on the face started to flake off inside the watch
I had an Ocean Ghost - gold ring around the crono and gold around date fell off, jammed mechanism
I bought a titanium chrono for brother-in-law - haven't seen anything loike it since, carbon fiber face, swiss mov't, all titanium - NICE watch - chrono stopped working, had it fixed, then got stolen along with his luggage during honeymoon
the butterfly push buttn clasp on the Lupah Diver Steel band pops open when flexing wrist, putting hand in pocket, etc - REAL annoying, now I've got an expensive desk clock - called / emailed Invicta - surprise, no repsonse yet. Of course all problems were more than a year out - guess I should have forked the extra $$ for the extended warranty.
Anyone send stuff back to them for service - are they "timely" with returns?
However, that said, I still have a half dozen of them, and I still like em!!!

#2 ·
WOW!! sorry for all the bad luck with your watchs. I have never had a problem with repairs although I've only had one that needed some TLC from Invicta. My COSC 2627 Dragon Lupah had a stem problem (Broke off in my finger tips right out of the box). Sent it off and 3 months it came back right as rain. It seems that (According) to Invicta that the watch had to go back to Switzerland for repair thus the long wait. But the process was seamless and aside from the wait no problems. Hope this helps.

#4 ·
Thanks!

Thanks guys,
I FINALLY got through to them today - they said to send the Ocean Ghost back and it MAY be covered - I mean, gold ring falls off, gets jammed between hands and busts the whole thing - what the heck?
As for the Lupah Diver - no luck, they don't have any replacement bands that do not have the butterfly clasp - maybe it's just me?? Could switch to leather band, but it really doesn't suite the watch.

#5 · (Edited)
On that Lupah Diver have a local watch maker look at it. I purchased a Metal Lupah a few years ago with a broken clasp, had a local watch guy at the mall put in a hidden clasp.
No issue with the clasp opening everytime you bend your wrist and it cost me about $30.

Glad the other one was covered.:thumbup1:

#6 ·
That is EXACTLY what I was going to do with my Lupah - as for my old Diver with the paint chipping off the face - I listed it on ebay last year, opening bid $14.00 - it was used, not horribly beat up, but new ones in the US were going for $80. Bidding war ensues, watch sells for $165 - I also had a women's Esquire dive watch for sale (broken) - he wanted both his and hers - I (almost) felt bad, but he loved the watches, scratches and all.

#8 ·
I consider (some of) these problems small annoyances, if I really didn't like Invictas I wouldn't keep buying them :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.