WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, while doing some yardwork, I chipped the cyclops on my trusty 8926.

So, I decided this was the perfect time to try and remove the cyclops. It could not have been easier!

First, I held the watch so the crystal was facing towards the ground. Next I took a lighter and held the tip of the flame up to the cyclops for approximately 5 seconds.

Then, I immediately used a razor blade to scrape the cyclops off from the crystal. It slid off like a hot knife through butter! :thumbup:

I used a little bit of non-acetone nail polish remover (courtesy of my wife) to remove the excess glue from the crystal.

In case anyone else ever needs to do the same, this process worked perfectly for me.

I can post some pics tonight if anyone wants to see the finished results.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thank you very much for the tip, i did remove the bad cyclop on my 5124, 5125 & 5127. They look a lot more nicer now !!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Yeah, thanks for the tip, I also removed the cyclops from my 5124 and 5127 and they look waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better, as it was too small for the date window, and you always saw the date distorted

Also it was a very little glue residue left, easily removed with a bit of brasso

·
Registered
166 Posts
Beautiful !! Aren't they ?

I'm really in love with this Invicta model !! Also, a really great value !!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yesterday, while doing some yardwork, I chipped the cyclops on my trusty 8926.

So, I decided this was the perfect time to try and remove the cyclops. It could not have been easier!

First, I held the watch so the crystal was facing towards the ground. Next I took a lighter and held the tip of the flame up to the cyclops for approximately 5 seconds.

Then, I immediately used a razor blade to scrape the cyclops off from the crystal. It slid off like a hot knife through butter! :thumbup:

I used a little bit of non-acetone nail polish remover (courtesy of my wife) to remove the excess glue from the crystal.

In case anyone else ever needs to do the same, this process worked perfectly for me.

I can post some pics tonight if anyone wants to see the finished results.
The watch looks great. It's good to know how to remove the "cyclops" in case it gets chipped. Me, I always thought it involved lots of wine and a sharp stick. Will you now be known as No-Man? :D Sorry, couldn't resist.
:thumbup1:​

·
Registered
354 Posts
Did it! The watch got really hot because I need to heat it more than 5 five seconds, but I finally managed to remove it. I wipped off the rest of the glue with a little bit of Brasso.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts