WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my Rolex in the Cayman Islands in June of 2005. Just after Hurricane Katrina struck my home region, some scoundrel broke into my home and stole my Rolex... JUST 3 MONTHS AFTER I BOUGHT IT!! Making that final payment was like a knife twisting inside of me, but I have kept the faith all these years that I will get my watch returned to me, it's rightful owner. I also warn EVERYONE to NEVER purchase a second-hand Rolex without the original box and certificate of authenticity since there are crooks out there who feel it necessary to rob innocent people instead of working for what they get.

Info on my watch:

Ladies Datejust with Oyster perpetual motion.
Stainless Steel
Aftermarket Diamond Bezel
Serial number F451825

On my certificate, it also reads:
Chronometre 767 F451825

The box is waiting for my watch to return... I worked hard for it and look forward to having it back.

· Registered
13,431 Posts
If you haven't already, report it to Rolex. Rolex maintains a 'stolen watch' database, and if the watch is ever sent to a Rolex facility for work (and work done at a 3rd party location requiring parts that Rolex requires a SN on before sending the replacement parts), they will have it confiscated so it can be returned (probably thru the law enforcement agency you reported it stolen to).

Call their NYC office (the number is on their website) and find out what you need to do to get it added to the database. it may be years before it's returned, but it is a possibility. Especially as Rolex requires SN's on more & more parts requests from their 3rd party service providers.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reported to Rolex

I did report it to Rolex with the police report. I just recently sent in an update. I'm hoping that by putting it on this forum, the person who has it will stumble upon this info and realize they have been duped too.

· Registered
168 Posts
One other thing you can do as well.....Did you have insurance? If so, file a claim. It is very unlikely you will get the original watch back; however, depending on the policy, it will be replaced, or a payout would be provided to you at what you insured it, minus deductibles, etc. **OR** you could ask your insurance company to delay paying a claim in hopes that it will be found. Each company varies on this. Also, by reporting it, the insurance companies share information, so if someone else tries to insure it, they would also be reported.

· Registered
28 Posts
keep the faith...got mine back

hey...ya never know...I had mine stolen as I've posted previously.I saw it on eBay. phone Police in California (I live in Florida) and they went to the shop advertising it and it's now in the safe keeping f the Police.Im hoping to get it back soon after the Police compete THIER investigation.
keep searching...It took two months and I found mine ...good luck

· Registered
1,125 Posts
I'm sorry this happened. The chances of getting your watch back are slim. It's probably in a pawn shop somewhere on on the wrist of some drug dealers GF. Since you bought it new, there's a chance you can find an identical replacement. Stories like this make me want to get a safety deposit box!!

· Registered
185 Posts
hey...ya never know...I had mine stolen as I've posted previously.I saw it on eBay. phone Police in California (I live in Florida) and they went to the shop advertising it and it's now in the safe keeping f the Police.Im hoping to get it back soon after the Police compete THIER investigation.
keep searching...It took two months and I found mine ...good luck
A great story with a happy ending.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.