WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started collecting watches about the time I signed up here at WTF, which is just over a year ago now.
Since that time my collections has grown and will continue to grow, I will need a new case holder next year. As my 10 is full now, with 8 Lumtecs
I suddenly realized my house insurance jewelry policy wasn't going to cover my watch collection anymore.
So I upgraded the Jewelry part of my policy, it added $10 a month to the entire policy.
Of interest is that I specifically asked about watches that can't be replaced thinking of the limited editions that have sold out or will sell out that I own from Lumtec.
The answer, a cash payout on current market value, the money to be spent however I want, watch replacement or not.
Again the value of limited editions even when they are gone.

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Sounds like a good idea!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
how do you insure your watches?
It starts by asking your house insurance agent, what your jewelery coverage is, if your your wife or girlfriend has a lot of expensive jewelry and you have a watch collection, I guarantee you, your standard coverage is not enough.

It is worth looking into, for any watch collector.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.