WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

I have $340 Dollars to spend on a watch of my choice...any ideas?

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  nickdolin 
#1 ·
So far my number one choice is the Tissot Quadrato which will run me about $270, but before I jump the gun I want some PROFESSIONAL watch wearer opinions on what I should get.

I like that the Quadrato is all Swiss, but the fact that it is a quartz isnt my favorite thing.

If someone knows any Swiss watches, even quartz but preferrably Automatic for under $340 bucks PLEASE POST!!!!

I am looking for an everyday beautiful watch, with an extremely comfortable bracelet.

ANY help is greatly appreciated!! THANKS!!!

-Sparks. :thumbup1:

#4 ·
Not really into the holes in the bracelet, otherwise its pretty nice. Any other automatics?

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
I don't know if you are interested in pre-owned, but I really enjoy picking up 2824-2 based Swiss watches on the cheap.

Here is one I have been watch that I do not intend to bid on (a Jacques Lemans).

THIS LINK WAS REMOVED BY BOSCOE; SORRY GUYS VIOLATES OUR FORUM RULES.

A great watch, and I would wager that you could "Best offer" him $50-$75 less then he is asking. At that rate he has two different 2824 based Swiss watches you could get both and be under your budget...

Standard Disclaimer: Not my auction, I don't know the seller, just providing information.

#10 ·
My two cents: Seiko makes excellent watches in your price range. So does Tissot, Grovana (our sponsor Debaufre) and many, many others, including Jacques Lemans as mentioned elsewhere.
You'll get a bigger bang for your buck buying used.
The best way is to settle on a couple watches you like then ask opinions. Right now, you'll get as many suggestions as there are WTF members (lol)!
Enjoy the hunt. It's the best part of getting a new watch.

#11 ·
So far my number one choice is the Tissot Quadrato which will run me about $270, but before I jump the gun I want some PROFESSIONAL watch wearer opinions on what I should get.
Nobody has ever paid me to wear a watch, so technically I am still an amateur. :rolleyes:

That being said, Invicta has a handful of Swiss autos for under $340. They have a variety of divers and the S1 is sometimes on sale for that price. They are all over the web and plenty of our sponsors carry them.

#12 ·
Can you post back about what you're looking for? There are a lot of really friendly and knowledgeable folks around here and each of us have our own favorites.

Is this going to be your only watch? If not, what else do you have?
Automatic only, or is quartz ok?
Sporty or dress watch?
You travel or dive and interested in some features that aid that?

Let us know where you want to be and we'll be able to chime in with our favorites to meet your needs.

#13 ·
Ok so here is what I am looking for...

Metal Band, leather isnt my thing and neither is rubber. Just stainless steel/titanium etc.

I would like a Swiss watch, none Invicta, prefer an automatic but a quartz is fine.

This is going to be an everyday watch.

Must have a VERY smooth and comfortable bracelet.

Looks like that of the Quadrato. This one I am shooting for a square face.

No gold color/plating - I was never into gold. Simply the color of metal.

As for looks I want something thats somewhat a cross between sports and elegant.

Something like an Emporio Armani square watch, that type of style.

Thanks!

-Sparks

#15 ·
DEFINITELY go with a VERY classy Jacques Lemans Geneve model if you can find one!!:D

#17 ·
Hmm... in that range.. Victorinox and Hamilton offer better made watches and better movements. Tissot likes to use the Fashion line of movements such as the F06, G10, G15, etc. which are non-repairable plastic movements. Whereas at least with Victorinox, they tend to use the 252.272 in their chronos, which is a 27 jewel repairable movement and used in brands up to the $1000+ mark. I'm also disappointed that many Tissot's don't use SEL's, of course some Tag's don't either... just confuses me... :huh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.