WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but I'd like to have it cleaned up and have another crystal installed. First, is it worth putting money into? It is in pretty good condition for a 40 year old watch. And second, could anyone recommend someone that is reasonable and reliable that I can send it too?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Watch Analog watch Rectangle Clock Watch accessory

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the great feedback Oliver. Unfortunately there is nothing on the back of the case and the front just says Accutron Deep Sea 666 Feet. I don't think there is anything major wrong with the watch it was working some time ago but has been sitting in a box for years now. It will need a new crystal because as a kid I tried to buff out some marks and nearly buffed right through the crystal; at 18 I'm just happy I put it away and didn't do more damage. Now some 35 years later I still have a watch that holds great memories and can be fixed for a reasonable cost.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are a very lucky man ! That is a beauty that just about any Accutron collector would be pleased to have. I have looked at a lot of them and, like Oliver said, many of them have bezels in pretty beat up condition. I am very surprised that there is nothing on the back of the case. That's odd.
I know that Oliver has had very good success with his repairman in Bulgaria and others have spoken well of him also. If you want any other ideas you might give us an idea where you are located.
Thanks skypilot, I'm in the good ole USofA, down south in Atlanta Georgia. I also found it odd that there was nothing on the back. As for the bezel, I do recall that my grandfather really loved this watch, my grandmother gave it to him as a birthday gift I believe, so he always took really good care of it, and since my little buffing job at 18 I also have been taking good care of it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
WooHoo, just happen to be walking past a small independent watch repair place near my job and the guy took a look at my watch, put a battery in it and it was off an running. He said the inside of the watch looked like it was brand new. Now he's going to order a new crystal and clean it up for around $40, so I'm off and running for around $50. My grandfather is looking down with a big smile.

He also knew the history behind Accutron watches and was very please to be able to get it fixed up for me.

Anyone know if these replacement hands will work on my Accutron Deep Sea 666, the case number was 702 if that means anything.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bulova-Accutron-Spaceview-White-Spear-Hands-Luminous-/230847581613?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35bf968dad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.