WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had asked about this piece a couple of weeks ago and received a great deal of help from WUS members. So, following the sale of my Datejust 16013, and instead of saving the money like a normal person, I immediately commited to the M40. As it turns out, when I phoned this morning, I claimed the final face in stock. More on the way? They'll have to say. For me I traded the black shoes for brown and will put on a deployment. I think (hope) it is what I am envisioning in my mind. I'll post photos later in the week- it is to ship on Wed and should arrive here no later than Fri as I'm only 120 miles to the west.

Oh, just for the record, I have no sellers remorse at all for the 16013. I just watched it on the winder and never really wore it. Now I'll have a new family member and a good fishing trip to Venice in April-seems like a solid transaction to me.

Jim

·
Registered
134 Posts
Awesome! Love to see some pics when you get it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congrats! It must have been one of the last ones.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I was thinking of ordering the M40 last week from LUM-TEC, but when I logged in to order it was "out of stock".

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Post some pics when you get it! :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Oh, just for the record, I have no sellers remorse at all for the 16013. I just watched it on the winder and never really wore it. Now I'll have a new family member and a good fishing trip to Venice in April-seems like a solid transaction to me.
Good to free up the cash, but I would have spend it all on a watch or watches that I would have worn. Watch money can be hard to come by. But that's just me, I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wombat. Thing is, I have plenty of watches and can buy/sell (within reason) when so moved. The memories of a good trip will last well beyond those of wearing a good time piece. plus, for all I travel for work, I need to use the points and miles for something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts