WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mexico City, Mexico
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I've been working on my own watch design for the past few months. I would like to get peoples honest opinions, ideas, and feedback before I start the sampling process!

I'm also interested in what people prefer, a flat sapphire crystal or domed one? ceramic bezel or aluminum?

Here are some renders and specs.
tablet header.PNG

Specs.PNG

pictures 2.PNG

Instagram Post – 3.png

Instagram Post – 4.png

Instagram Post – 5.png

Instagram Post – 6.png

Instagram Post – 7.png

·
Mexico City, Mexico
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice looking watch. I'd prefer the enameled bezel and flat sapphire crystal. Any idea what it'll retail for?
Thanks for checking out my post! Nice feedback. I do like domed sapphire, but flat sapphire is more legible. So it's interesting to hear you prefer that as well. My goal is to retail this for $495 - $595. Depending on if I stick with the STP movement, or go with a les expensive Miyota movement. Trying to create a nice value.

·
Super Moderator
15,560 Posts
I am SO happy you didn't choose to use Lollipop or Mercedes-stylehands. I like the fact that you chose Pencil-style hands. Do not change that decision. Also, I like that there's no 15-minute diver's track on the dial between the 12 and 3. I've seen other non-diver watches with those 15 minute ticks, and it looks rather cheesy. Good call !

·
Mexico City, Mexico
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am SO happy you didn't choose to use Lollipop or Mercedes-stylehands. I like the fact that you chose Pencil-style hands. Do not change that decision. Also, I like that there's no 15-minute diver's track on the dial between the 12 and 3. I've seen other non-diver watches with those 15 minute ticks, and it looks rather cheesy. Good call !
Thank you for the feedback! Some people hate the hands, others like them haha, I'm working on a few variations and colorways that I will be posting here. The feedback I've been getting so far is a little more originality, which I think I can accomplish with colors. stay tuned! I'll be posting sometime next week. :)

·
Super Moderator
15,560 Posts
Yeah, I went back and re-read my comment, and I was a little hasty in my decision. Though I still don't want the Mercedes style, the Pencil style isn't quite 'there' either. What I really like are modified Syringe hands like on the Tissot PRS-516. That's why I chose it instead of a LeLocle. But you're right: to each, their own!

Reactions: Marcus Ramsey

·
Mexico City, Mexico
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I went back and re-read my comment, and I was a little hasty in my decision. Though I still don't want the Mercedes style, the Pencil style isn't quite 'there' either. What I really like are modified Syringe hands like on the Tissot PRS-516. That's why I chose it instead of a LeLocle. But you're right: to each, their own!

View attachment 225510
Very cool watch, I like how the hands match the hour markers. Ill defiantly mess around with the hands and see what I can come up with haha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I've been working on my own watch design for the past few months. I would like to get peoples honest opinions, ideas, and feedback before I start the sampling process!

I'm also interested in what people prefer, a flat sapphire crystal or domed one? ceramic bezel or aluminum?

Here are some renders and specs.
View attachment 225495
View attachment 225494
View attachment 225493
View attachment 225488
View attachment 225489
View attachment 225490
View attachment 225491
View attachment 225492
I really like the watch, but to me the letters are too small, probably I would change the font, more robust . And why not a badge, the watch deserves one well designed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts