WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, it was bound to happen; I slapped my Mastercard around a little and made my first purchase of a watch since joining this forum.

I blame you, the esteemed membership, for my weakness.

Found it at a well-known online retailer:

It's the Pro Diver Automatic; priced right around two bills. What sets it apart for me is the logo. I really like the "sea ray" near the 6:00 position, the logo on the second hand, and the size (43mm). The recent discussion about Invicta QC has made me comfortable purchasing one.

I'm an impatient guy, so I paid for faster shipping. I should have it by this Thursday. Photos will likely be posted by Thursday night.

So, sleep well, fellow denizens. That sucking sound you here is my wallet hyperventilating because it knows that "it's begun"...

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad to have helped.
Don't stop while you're on a roll!!!:D
Well, I also intend to check out the Sunday Run. My credit card's still got some life left in it!

Me and a buddy of mine at work have been e-mailing back and forth about watches for the last two weeks. "Whaddya' think of this?" and "Whaddya' think of that?".

He bought a Perigaum (not real familiar with it) last week, which I'm anxious to see. I don't think I'll tell him about the Invicta until it's on my wrist.

I was thinking about a Tissot, but the Invicta's got everything I was looking for: Automatic, classy looking, and size. Besides, the Tissot's not going anywhere...

·
Registered
16,743 Posts
Very nice. It's a clean, classic look. Great, reliable Japanese automatic movement. I'm sure you'll be delighted.
Oh, and glad we could help...

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Congratulations. You will like the 43mm far more than the original 40mm, I believe. It's only just begun by the way.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congratulations. You will like the 43mm far more than the original 40mm, I believe. It's only just begun by the way.
My Oris is 40.5mm, and I grown so accustomed to it that I honestly don't believe I could go for anything less than 40. The 40mm of the Pro Diver was definitely in the running, but I wanted to go with something bigger than anything I currently have...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice watch

Nice pick up. Keep the credit card handy -- hanging out here gets you hooked. But ... watch enthusiasts are harmless ... unless someone moves their cheese.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Well, I also intend to check out the Sunday Run. My credit card's still got some life left in it!

Me and a buddy of mine at work have been e-mailing back and forth about watches for the last two weeks. "Whaddya' think of this?" and "Whaddya' think of that?".

He bought a Perigaum (not real familiar with it) last week, which I'm anxious to see. I don't think I'll tell him about the Invicta until it's on my wrist.

I was thinking about a Tissot, but the Invicta's got everything I was looking for: Automatic, classy looking, and size. Besides, the Tissot's not going anywhere...

After reading your 1st post on this thread I was going to remark about the upcoming Sunday run but I see just a few lines down you are already feeling the pull from the dark side.:scared:

But, by it getting to you on Thursday you will have about 48 hours before temptation could strike again.:001_rolleyes:

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to cheeseland!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts