WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,879 Posts
They ARE NOT Authorized Dealers (I checked their website). If, God forbid, there's a problem with your watch, you need an AD for reliable service and also for guaranteed authenticity of the watch.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
There were at least two versions of the original Night Train - "universal military time" and "universal coordinated time". Within those there are at least two lume schemes - tricolor and bicolor. The T100 vs T is not a bad sign - Ball has used both (and they mean the same thing - 26-100 mCi of radiation)

Check out the sticky threads up top.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've got the rare Gen I Night Train with the "UTC" dial and the awesome tri color lume- it was one of the first Ball models to have blue tubes which has now become more commonplace on their newer models.

The pictured "UMT" dial has mostly green tubes with just one red tube at the 12 o'clock position.

It is much brighter, though, with the mostly green tubes.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Ok, so I was poking around the forum and there's actually a really nice photo comparison between the first generation and second generation Night Trains right here in our photo gallery. The mostly green tubes on the newer Night Trains do appear to be brighter as green is the most visible color to the human eye so I've been told. For me, though, the blue tubes are just too cool! Ha ha ha

http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/original-ball-watch-forum/14770.htm

·
Super Moderator
16,879 Posts
It's true. Green is the easiest color for the eye to detect at night, and you can prove it to yourself. Tonight, go and find some traffic signal lights that are about one mile away from you. You will be able to see the green signal light much easier than the red signal light.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.