WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Wow it has been awhile since I have been on the Rolex side of the house, I haven't been around much and when I have been it has mainly been in my beloved Breitling section. Also I blame my US mate John (JBHII) who got me started on rifles. Three rifles later I am starting to get the itch for a new Rolex and I just noticed the Sub no date is alive and kicking (On the Rolex Website).

Long story short, is the No date blessed with the same bracelet as the Sub (Solid ends and new clasp) or is it still fairly basic? I noticed it is now a COSC so it has come up in the world. Please also excuse my outdated terms as it was around D series Subs that I defected to Omega and Breitling:001_tongue:

Cheers

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
Hey Aaron,

Depends which you're referring to. The Sub no-date on Rolex's webpage is still the 'old' no-date (14060M), and other than being COSC I don't think it's changed much. Same bracelet, stamped clasp, hollow center links, etc.

However there's also a 'new' Sub no-date (#114060) that was announced at this year's Baselworld, and yes it's changed. It'll have the same 'super-case' as the other Subs, new bracelet & clasp (with SEL's and Solid Center Links as well), and the ceramic bezel. It should start hitting stores within a month or so, and the new no-date MSRP's (in the US) at $7,100.

Good luck in the hunt! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You'll have to let us know what you decide here...as well as what three rifles you picked up! :thumbup1:
Hey John,

I just got a price from my closest Rolex dealer on the Gold Coast and was suprised how much they have gone up.:scared: The stainless Sub Date is so close to $10000.00 and is nil stock, and the dealer apparently only receives one Sub Non date every so often. The only other Rolex in stock I would consider is a stainless GMT but the price tag is still a bit expensive for me so I might check out some good like NIB older models from some sources.

I have seen a NIB Pepsi GMT and a NIB Sub LV (the old green bezel maxi dial model) which are two models I really like and to tell you the truth I like the older style case:001_rolleyes: now that I have been checking the older models compared to the new. Mind you I need to actually feel and touch the newer model to make an informed opinion.

Now rifles, John your going to be in trouble again with my wife :lol::lol: I have nothing over the top just nice set up bolt action rifles. I have a CZ 453 Varmint .22, a Savage stainless/synthetic .17HMR and a Remington SPS 700 tactical .223.

All the above are simple, super accurate set ups and the next rifle I would like is an Accuracy International in a 308. Unfortunately semi auto weapons like you have are not an option here due to weapons license laws. (They can be had but you need to jump through many hoops)

But I can assure you if I do jump back on the Rolex band wagon you will be the first to know.:wink:

Cheers

·
Premium Member
24,972 Posts
Hey John,

I just got a price from my closest Rolex dealer on the Gold Coast and was suprised how much they have gone up.:scared: The stainless Sub Date is so close to $10000.00 and is nil stock, and the dealer apparently only receives one Sub Non date every so often. The only other Rolex in stock I would consider is a stainless GMT but the price tag is still a bit expensive for me so I might check out some good like NIB older models from some sources.

I have seen a NIB Pepsi GMT and a NIB Sub LV (the old green bezel maxi dial model) which are two models I really like and to tell you the truth I like the older style case:001_rolleyes: now that I have been checking the older models compared to the new. Mind you I need to actually feel and touch the newer model to make an informed opinion.

Now rifles, John your going to be in trouble again with my wife :lol::lol: I have nothing over the top just nice set up bolt action rifles. I have a CZ 453 Varmint .22, a Savage stainless/synthetic .17HMR and a Remington SPS 700 tactical .223.

All the above are simple, super accurate set ups and the next rifle I would like is an Accuracy International in a 308. Unfortunately semi auto weapons like you have are not an option here due to weapons license laws. (They can be had but you need to jump through many hoops)

But I can assure you if I do jump back on the Rolex band wagon you will be the first to know.:wink:

Cheers
Those sound like fantastic rifles. I bet the kids get a kick out of that .22! I don't really have anywhere I can shoot past 200 yards that's convenient for me, so I haven't really investigated a bolt action precision rifle as of yet.

Unfortunately, yes....the prices on new Rolex watches have reached levels which have left many of us scratching our heads and hanging on to our wallets. :scared:

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey John,

I checked out the Rolex dealer today, they had the new model Sub no date which was on hold and an old model Sub date. To tell the truth the older style is definitely the style I prefer and with a nice $705.00 discount it makes it look attractive at $6500.00.

I now have to make a choice of wether I want a new 14060m or a like NIB old GMT.:001_rolleyes:

Your right the .22 is awesome. Cheap to shoot and a great rifle to learn with.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
24,972 Posts
Hey John,

I checked out the Rolex dealer today, they had the new model Sub no date which was on hold and an old model Sub date. To tell the truth the older style is definitely the style I prefer and with a nice $705.00 discount it makes it look attractive at $6500.00.

I now have to make a choice of wether I want a new 14060m or a like NIB old GMT.:001_rolleyes:

Your right the .22 is awesome. Cheap to shoot and a great rifle to learn with.

Cheers
If Rolex ever comes out with a ceramic Pepsi GMT Master II, I might change my tune. But until such time, I tend to almost universally prefer the 5 digit model number sport models over the six digit sport models that replaced them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.