WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone that has a Grand Diver can let me know how the lume is.

My Pro Diver is exceptionally weak. That's the only real disappointment I have about it. I've got my eye on a black face/green bezel, but for the price, I could get a Seiko for a bit cheaper and know it'll be a SOILD.

Pic of my pro for views:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
arman, it is one of the best Invicta lumes I have in my collection.
Rusty, that has been one of my strongest negatives about Invicta. Out of all the watches I own, none of them hold a candle to my Sieko's (even those that cost more) when it comes to lume. I have several that will lume as bright, but none anywhere close to as long.

Does yours stack up against Seiko at least equal? If it does, I may be adding it to my list for 2008.

Thanks!:thumbup1:

·
Registered
759 Posts
I've always wondered why Invicta chooses to stick with the same inferior lume material Trinite isn't it? It is definitely a weak point but I'm hoping that the 4469 just has a really thick coating of it to make it a little better. For the price, I suppose weak lume isn't that big of deal.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went ahead & order the Grand Diver and this JL.
I'll think about it the rest of the day and make a final decision after football tonight.

The difference is about $6 between the two and 5 mm. Not sure how I'll go at this time.

the JL for reference:

Grand Diver:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did forget to add, my understanding is that they both have the Miyota 8215 movement.

It's really coming down to style and size.

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Rusty, that has been one of my strongest negatives about Invicta. Out of all the watches I own, none of them hold a candle to my Sieko's (even those that cost more) when it comes to lume. I have several that will lume as bright, but none anywhere close to as long.

Does yours stack up against Seiko at least equal? If it does, I may be adding it to my list for 2008.

Thanks!:thumbup1:
Charlie, I have a Seiko Black Monster and that is the brightest lume of any watch I own. The Grand Diver is a close second but both fade a bit over the night. I have a Chase-Durer with Super-luminova and while not as bright, it is long-lasting. I also have two of the Accutron VX200 divers that also have long-lasting lume. They look like they have Super-luminova as well but I can't be sure.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've decided to get the Grand Diver. The look of the green bezel is too tasty to pass. Unfortunately it looks like it's on backorder till the middle of January. That's a good thing since it gives me a lot of time to shop it & see if I can get a better deal.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Ack, I always hate backorders... I always end up changing my mind! I've seen some Grand divers go on the bay for >100 but they are few and far between. Hope you enjoy it, my Swiss Auto diver "is supposed" to be here tomorrow!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts