WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My first Spaceview has a beautiful 10 k GF case and back (stainless hatches though) and the movement is gilt to be shiny for display. I started looking at others and this seems unusual. My watch is from 1964 (M4 on the back) and is in gorgeous shape, but now I want to know all I can. I'll post pics later today.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I bought on the auction site it I paid a bit of a premium to get a watch that was original. I knew the band wasn't but the watch was suppose to be. I find out later the box that was supplied was from the early 70's. I should have put in then but that's why I started the thread to get the consensus of if this is original which it appears it is not. Am I wrong in asking for a refund? Here's a link to the auction:

1964 Accutron 214 Spaceview with JB champion band and Accutron display box | eBay

I want to be fair, but I also wanted what was advertised. I love the band and was willing to accept it was later, but the rest of the watch being cobbled together leaves me cold. :001_unsure:

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I, also would recommend you return the watch. We all have gotten caught up in the desire for a watch only to find out later we have paid too much and not gotten what we thought. I have returned a couple and also resold a couple that, after receiving them, decided they were not what I wanted. Get your money back then sit back and read through posts here on the forum to better educate yourself before you give it a go again.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I, also would recommend you return the watch. We all have gotten caught up in the desire for a watch only to find out later we have paid too much and not gotten what we thought. I have returned a couple and also resold a couple that, after receiving them, decided they were not what I wanted. Get your money back then sit back and read through posts here on the forum to better educate yourself before you give it a go again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sadly I am sending it back He is being good about it and I should have my money back in a few days. I wound up getting a 1963 Spaceview that is matching this time. I do have to say though with the champion bracelet it's a beautiful watch. Thanks for all your input and help. My most recent purchase was just a Bulova Computron N7 drivers watch. I am looking forward to wearing it a lot.

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
Interesting how the auction seller worded his auction. No where does it actually say All Original unless he emailed you and wrote those words . You can piece together truthful but deceiving wording on these auctions and once you get some good advice elsewhere it turns out many of these watches are not quite as advertised. Hope you get some resolution in this matter. I think we have all done this at least once in that past.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He is being really decent about it. He is allowing me to return it and refund me. I don't want to split hairs on the wording. It was worded to make it sound like an original watch (the date in the title but the mechanism being from a later watch(es). But in the end we have been able to work things out. All in all a nice guy to work with.

·
Registered
556 Posts
He is being really decent about it. He is allowing me to return it and refund me. I don't want to split hairs on the wording. It was worded to make it sound like an original watch (the date in the title but the mechanism being from a later watch(es). But in the end we have been able to work things out. All in all a nice guy to work with.
Thanks for the comment. Just so it's clear to those on this forum, I was the seller and am still learning. :blushing: I am quite happy to take it back and refund his money because I don't want anyone to feel cheated. As mentioned in an e-mail to mistertawny, in an earlier posting another potential buyer asked and I responded honestly (look at the Q&A at the bottom):

1964 Accutron 214 Spaceview with JB champion band and Accutron display box | eBay

Not that long ago I bought what was described as a 218 only to find that it was a 221 as well as others I have bought that have had obvious errors or omissions. I know what it's like to be on the receiving end so I have never let a transaction go bad from my end.

I'm just glad to get this worked out becasue we both suffer from the same affliction.:001_smile:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.