WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO, Can any one here tell me what to look for when purchasing a used panerai-pam250 luminor daynight? I dont want to buy a fake - pls advise.

thanks,

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
The sad truth is that for every year that passes by, the counterfeiters get better and better at what they do. Maybe...just maybe...you can spot a mistake on the dial by comparing a photo of a real piece with a photo of the watch in question. The "SWISS MADE" is too close to the edge or too far into the dial, or a number is too close to the minute track, or the printing on the dial doesn't quite look perfect.

The best way to avoid counterfeits is to buy from an Authorized Dealer. Go through our list of Sponsors...several are Panerai dealers. If you prefer "handling the merchandise", go to the Panerai website. At the top of the page, click on DISTRIBUTION for a real store nearest you.

Reactions: jporos

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
The sad truth is that for every year that passes by, the counterfeiters get better and better at what they do. Maybe...just maybe...you can spot a mistake on the dial by comparing a photo of a real piece with a photo of the watch in question. The "SWISS MADE" is too close to the edge or too far into the dial, or a number is too close to the minute track, or the printing on the dial doesn't quite look perfect.

The best way to avoid counterfeits is to buy from an Authorized Dealer. Go through our list of Sponsors...several are Panerai dealers. If you prefer "handling the merchandise", go to the Panerai website. At the top of the page, click on DISTRIBUTION for a real store nearest you.

GOOD ADVICE....As always buy the seller first

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, as i asked more questions the seller just stopped replying to my emails. - i think i will stick to the dealers instead of private sellers.

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
This is the best advice, since it can be very hard to tell a fake from a gen for the average buyer.
I've even heard stories of watch repairmen who were fooled by extremely good copies!

Thanks, as i asked more questions the seller just stopped replying to my emails. - i think i will stick to the dealers instead of private sellers.
So, he stopped answering your questions, eh? That right there should tell you all you need to know about the seller. Congratulations on finding this out before it was too late.
You also get extra credit for asking all those questions before buying. Many have not gone to such lengths, and they learned a valuable lesson the hard way because of it! :thumbup1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts