WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been trying to change the battery of a oakley Bullit watch - I can get so far - ie removed 4 allen screws, then removed the crown and Stem but the cover still seems tight and I do not want to put too musch pressure or use a tool to press out the case from the strap. Can anyone help? or send like to a tech manual??:cool1:

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
+1 on the pictures. Surely you don't need to remove the crown & stem to get the caseback off. And most movements you remove the stem from inside the case, not outside. I just can't picture what's going on with this one. Pics please. But if you've removed the screws and are trying to remove the cover with finger pressure, that's probably not going to work. There's probably a gasket in there to keep moisture out, so you're going to have to use a tool to 'pry off' the cover (assuming it's a pop-off).

As to a tech manual I highly doubt you'll find one. I don't know of any brand that publishes those, they all say to return to authorized service center.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Our shop, been learning by myself - trying to learn by looking \listening to horologists,reading about circuits and mechanics of fine watches. love to complete full course but only official training course I want to do takes two years. Too old to do that. But never been stuck too much for the level and type of repairs we get in. Some glass replacements and the odd scratch to pollish out of a wee grannies special watch or Jewll. This Oakley has stumped me though - allways stop if a watch does not come apart or go back together with normal engineering force applied Regards Ian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally got the battery changed, using patience and care. heres how. procedure 1) remove 4 allen screws, 2) then the screw on the back. this allows the stem security screw to be loosened - two turns only! 3)Remove the stem. 4) Then as with hand pressure prise off the rubberised cover over the stem and push up the case. Fairly tight. The opposite side is still held by the grey button. 5)Use care and continue to push up the case enough so you can twist the case around so the case cover screws are then visible. 6) Remove cover and replace battery. Rebuild is in reverse. Thanks Again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.