WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm hope there is someone here could help point me in the right direction. I have an old pocket watch I inherited from my father. It works well but is impractical for any use I have. It is gold (appears to be solid gold but definitely has wear. Can anyone help point me in the correct direction for establishing a value for it and potentially selling it. Inside the case is stamped a number 1568923 and a four symbol seal. Attached are some photos. The dimension of the case is 1 3/4 inches.

·
Super Moderator
16,860 Posts
It sounds like you're looking for an appraisal service, and auction houses are good at that sort of thing. Otherwise, they'd go out of business.

I'd recommend this one- Timepieces

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Though some might like to see the inside of the pocket watch. I took this picture yesterday to help with the appraisal. The movement was made be a company named Aster which I can find very little about. Anyone know the companies history? I believe they were an early patenter of the automatic movements.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.