WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is my first post on here. Two years ago my wife bought me a very nice bi metal datejust. It was fully refurbed and is in superb condition. The dealer i purchased the watch from said it was from 1968, but after looking up on some of the case number sites it looks as though it could be 1969. I have two questions. The first is what year is it? The case number is 2866036. The second question is what type of gold is it? The dealer thought it would probably be 14ct as this was used instead of 18ct around that time, is this correct? I would love to know the answers, so over to you gentlemen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am afraid i wouldnt have a clue how to post a picture, and the only numbers i have are the case numbers i put in my post. It looks like a typical datejust. It has a completly smooth gold dial. The only difference i have noticed is on the bracelet. The Rolex crown is right at the end of the clasp and protrudes just past the end of the clasp. There are half minute as well as minute markers on the face. Sorry ,i know a picture is worth a thousand words, but i am a bit of a luddite when it comes to pc's.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Most likely 14ct....

but 18 ct was also part of the line up.. I belive that 14 ct gold is more in the light yellow color family..If you own a marked sold 14 ct or 18 ct gold item let us say a ring, just put your watch next to the item for color match.

Arthur

1 - 4 of 4 Posts