WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just love my new Aviator, but the darn thing keeps dying on me. I had a Rolex for 25 years, and I don't think I ever wound it. ( well, maybe after illness or something like that). This Aviator will run for a couple of days after winding, and then it just stops. I took it back to my AD, but it didn't seem to improve. This morning my watch had stopped again, and I wound it just yesterday!
Are my expectations unrealistic? What should I expect?
I really like the way my watch looks, but I'm sure disappointed with performance, both from my watch and my dealer.
Any thoughts or suggestions will surely be appreciated.
Jim

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just love my new Aviator, but the darn thing keeps dying on me. I had a Rolex for 25 years, and I don't think I ever wound it. ( well, maybe after illness or something like that). This Aviator will run for a couple of days after winding, and then it just stops. I took it back to my AD, but it didn't seem to improve. This morning my watch had stopped again, and I wound it just yesterday!
Are my expectations unrealistic? What should I expect?
I really like the way my watch looks, but I'm sure disappointed with performance, both from my watch and my dealer.
Any thoughts or suggestions will surely be appreciated.
Jim
If you wind the watch 15-20 rotations and then wear it actively for at least 8 hours per day, you should not need to wind it! Perhaps the counter weight used for automatic winding is not working? I would definitely have it checked out. I wear mine 8hrs+ per day and never wind it. Sometimes even lasts 2 days without wearing.
Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.