WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,
I am new to this forum
I recently bought a used Air King, would like to send it in for service. just a general cleaning and oiling and have scratches buffed out.
I would like to know how much this service would cost before sending in the watch
watch should be made around the early 1970's
thanks in advance

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just inquired about my sub, called the service center and they quoted me a price of $600 to start. Click here to find a service center in the country you live in, and then the closest region.

OFFICIAL ROLEX WEBSITE - Timeless Luxury Watches

Note: Some claim that 3rd party vendors also provide such service. I have no knowledge of authorized or non-authorized centers who can do so, but, I am sure someone on this board can help out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For a used Airking $600 might be a bit much IMO.
I would try to find a trusted watchmaker and pay less than half for a quality service.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
correction, the Air King that I bought used was made in the early 80's
i love the watch because it is not flashy.
$600 is pretty steep considering what I paid for the watch to begin with... :eek:hmy:

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
RSC will charge $550-600 for a basic service on most of their watches with the exception of a chronograph (Daytona). Independents will charge a lot less.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
correction, the Air King that I bought used was made in the early 80's
i love the watch because it is not flashy.
$600 is pretty steep considering what I paid for the watch to begin with... :eek:hmy:
Well to be fair there's very little that's still the price it was in the 80's, so that's probably not a good comparison. That watch now sells for quite a bit more... $600 is on par for a manufacture-provided service when compared to the other brands. But, as many have said an independent will probably be 50-70% of that.

We have several great watchmakers here as sponsors. Many are Rolex certified, so they can get parts from Rolex to service your watch. You can check them all out by clicking the "Sponsors" link at the top of the page.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well to be fair there's very little that's still the price it was in the 80's, so that's probably not a good comparison. That watch now sells for quite a bit more... $600 is on par for a manufacture-provided service when compared to the other brands. But, as many have said an independent will probably be 50-70% of that.

We have several great watchmakers here as sponsors. Many are Rolex certified, so they can get parts from Rolex to service your watch. You can check them all out by clicking the "Sponsors" link at the top of the page.
Certified by Rolex is the operative word.The problem you run into if you take it to an independent that is not certified by Rolex, they cannot buy Rolex parts. A certified watchmaker can buy any part from Rolex except the case, dial, and bracelet. If you need these you will have to go to a RSC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also starting June 1st no watch maker without a Rolex Lab will be allowed to work on any Rolex watch at their facility. A Rolex lab is a inspected and approved watch makers station from Rolex themselves. I personally wouldn't get my work done from someone that isn't certified because you wouldnt be able to get genuine parts.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Rolex servive

I just got my Explorer back from USA Watch Service today. It took approx. 6 weeks, and it looks brand new. Runs perfectly. I am very satisfied with the work done.

Complete refurbish. $520.00

1 - 12 of 12 Posts