WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

How much do you spend on the average New watch you purchase.

• $100-$200

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • $200-$300

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • $300-$400

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • $400-$500

• $500-$600

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • $600-$800

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • $800-$1500

• $1500-Grail

Votes: 14 43.8%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. How much do you typically spend on a new watch? For me it's around $500.00.

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
As little as possible.

Since I started collecting, the most I've spent is about $230 and at that time, I thought I might never break my personally imposed $150 limit.

Now that I'm a member of this group and under its powerful influences, I'm thinking of getting an Omega De Ville, so obviously if I do that, the stakes will rise dramatically.

But you can bet your bottom dollar, that if I do buy one, it will be for the bottom dollar.

Some of my most favorite watches cost less than $100 dollars, some way less than $100, so I don't even fit in your typology.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I've got two projects for 2008.

A new Speedmaster Anniversary;

And a rebuild of my Dad's 1967 Seamaster:

Neither will be cheap..

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I factored in only the last two watches I've purchased, because it'd been eons prior to that when I'd last purchased on.

My Pro Diver was two bills, and my Oris, with both bands, came in around $900.00, so I just split the difference...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I try that as little as possible thing myself. It's not easy for me to do though. haha

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
I don't buy that often, three in each of the past three years during which time too, I have been unsettled as to what I would really like to have " long term " on my wrist. Now I know. It's the Speedy Pro in several configurations and they don't come below $1500 even pre-loved anymore. :eek:hmy:

That's life. :001_rolleyes:

Be well pals

ZIN

·
Registered
35 Posts
I usually buy a watch in two year intervals, my last purchase was under three grand, and previous to that it was exactly 4 grand and before that it was about 5 grand, I seem to be on a downward spiral.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Basically , it's been between 200 & 400 . but this year i'm shooting for two pieces. Which are a Omega seamaster (Bond) . And a Chronoswiss c-122 retrograde. So that my be all for this year.

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
@poorboy: You're going to have to change your handle if you make good on this next year's purchases!:wink:That's a beautiful Chronoswiss, BTW

I spend anywhere between $100 and $500. That will probably change going forward. The watches I want now are $1900+, so I'll be buying much less often and spending a whole heckuva lot more!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I usually spend more than 6K on a watch but I rarely spend more than 1500 cash for it, I always make room for the new watch by trading in one or two watches that are almost always of equal value. So in a way I just made an initial investment and have been swapping watches now and then. Its kind of neat that it works out that way, seems to work best for rolex watches, nice resale potential.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have some pretty nice watches from $500 to $1000, but honestly, if I am going to feed my watch tape worm regularly, I try to find super markdowns/clearence sales/etc from the $100 to $300 range.:cool:

·
Registered
320 Posts
In the past year, I've been going uphill with my watch expenses. My gf think I'm crazy but I'm sure most of our better halves think the same.

I bought a Seiko for 700$ about 8 years ago, still have it, I thought it was crazy. Since then, I've been a one watch guy, but...I discovered Invicta. Got 3 watches in 3 months, all under 300$. As if it's not enough, I just got an Omega seamaster last month :biggrin:

So to the questions how much: way, way too much.

Have a nice week end :thumbup1:

·
Registered
320 Posts
You are right Thomas, nothing is ever too much when you love something. I'm trying hard to have my gf think the same way. :001_rolleyes:

ciao

Marc

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I think the most expensive watch I have is around $5500 retail, but I always buy with either a discount or gently pre-loved. Ideally maybe in the range around $2500. Although I do have a Timex Ironman that cost $20 as a true beater.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts