WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone at my work knows I am into watches, and almost daily someone brings up watches into a conversation whether its in a meeting, lunch or just walking through the office. I have now been able to convert two office workers into watch enthusiast, since they have been converted they both have spent thousands on watches, and always rib me for causing their addiction. I am sure the big bosses at work are kind of annoyed with me as well because we seem to spend as much time discussing watches as we do going through our project plans :mad:.
Any other bad influences here :thumbup1:

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
:)

I have one buddy that owned a lot of vintage watches from the 60's and didn't really wear them or any watch for that matter. then he got interested as I started showing up with different watches and started buying Invictas and then a Rolex and now he's considering an Omega.

Another friend had one Quartz watch for years and when it died he bought an Invicta, then an Alpha or two, so now he has at least 3 autos so I suppose I kinda converted 2 people.. kinda.....

everybody else thinks I'm CRAZY:blink: then there's the watch thing:confused1:

:):)
diver88:blink:

·
Registered
646 Posts
My wife. She says it's a dirty little secret we need to keep to ourselves.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I am having a tough time of it. I work in a factory and we are not allowed to have them for safety reasons. Since my company has work so much overtime. People just don't see a reason to have one. Besides they have their cell phones. I hate cell phones and rarely ever use mine. haha

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

·
Registered
260 Posts
i have one friend who is very knowledgeable about wine, and when we get together it is a competition of who can convert the other to their respective passions. Needless to say I am unsuccessful, for some reason he cant bend his mind around the beauty of the balance wheel, but then again..its just grapes to me :)

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I have converted one, but Foghorn has quite a past and may not really know how many converts he has...he had a great deal to do with my "sickness".

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
I'm working on one, a buddy in NC. My family and his vacationed together earlier this year, and I showed him my different watches that I broght along on the trip, as well as WTF. Late last week, I got an e-mail from him asking me about vintage watches, what brands he should look for and where. I haven't yet heard back from him since our last conversation earlier this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Of course, that will put me in the dog house with his wife. Oh well. It's a place with which I'm very familiar!:D

·
Registered
16,743 Posts
No, because the Pats are winners.
Now if you converted a Pat(ek) fan into a Cheesehead, I would be most impressed!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I converted the wife...and that's all that matters, cuz now a watch that costs over $30 doesn't get the evil eye treatment.

Now I got to get her to raise the price point a bit past $2500...cuz man there is some nice stuff in that ballpark

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
No, because the Pats are winners.
Now if you converted a Pat(ek) fan into a Cheesehead, I would be most impressed!
It was actually when Cowher left and she moved up here, not, b/c they were winners. If she moves back to PA, I assume she would go back to them.

I am riding high now; but, it was tough in the 90s.....Especially in 1990. They went 1-15. :scared:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I remember when this guy was trying to convert me. I couldn't care less. I looked on with a blank stare as he enthusiastically explained what an automatic was, or a power reserve, or a complication, etc. I remember seeing an ad for the watch later, I think it was a Ulysse Nardin(sp)?, and I looked it up on line, and bam, I was hooked. Something about surfing on line for watches makes you lose your mind. So although I have many folks who "know about me", and ask about the adornment of the day, I don't try very hard anymore. When they are ready to cross over to the dark side, I will help!:eek::eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts