WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a SCB2 (or 1 for that matter) they can put side by side with a M series watch? I want one so bad, but 45mm is typically too large for me.. I need wrist steroids!

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Anyone got a SCB2 (or 1 for that matter) they can put side by side with a M series watch? I want one so bad, but 45mm is typically too large for me.. I need wrist steroids!
B-man, you NEED a SuperCombat. Seriously. SEER - EE -- OUSLY.

You will love it, and, if you buy the SCB1 and don't like it, I'll take it off your hands.

Here's my SCB2 and my M28 on my manly-man 7.25" wrist.

Please note kitchen drainboard in background, added for authentic, middle class guy atmosphere.

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that looks doable! Thanks Ladd!!! Now for the fundage..

By the way I notice you are using the reverse NATO trick. Works good doesn't it!!

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is something that was going around a while back. For me it keeps the watch from sliding to the outside of my wrist, plus I think it looks cleaner..

·
Registered
336 Posts
So a SC would also fit a 7.1 / 7.2 inch wrist ?

I wear an Omega PO (8500) 45.5 mm, but it has small lugs (lug to lug is 50mm), so its not to huge.

Last year I tried on a 42mm model, because I thought a 45.5 would be to huge ...
But when I layed down those two together ... the 45.5mm is more a man's watch. The 42mm PO is for the lady's :tongue_smilie:
No seriously .. the 45.5 stood way better. So how is the 45 SC ? If it has to huge lugs, than it would (maybe) exceeds the wrist.
I see such things all the time on many forums, but 1 or maybe 2 mm is not a real problem .. but some have watches that exceed more than 5mm.
Guys that wear 47 or 48mm Panerai's, and have a 6.5 wrist. I have the feeling they don't get it. So no such things for me. I want something that would look good.
But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so maybe I see it wrong. :wink:

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have a SCB2 and a M23.

The SCB2 is, by far, my favorite watch of the two, and my favorite watch in my entire collection.

I find the SCB2 extremely comfortable for all-day wear, and is extremely accurate. I particularly like the hand-winding movement and the way the movement is showcased in the back.

Simply stunning!

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
121 Posts
I tried one on this weekend at the ATL GTG. It was very comfortable, way better than the current M's on my wrist.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have had an M16 and M49 and now an SCB2. I personally feel that the SCB2 is more comfortable. That is comparing equivalent straps (factory leather). I was thinking that buying a thicker and heavier leather strap for the M series may balance the weight better.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
I have had an M16 and M49 and now an SCB2. I personally feel that the SCB2 is more comfortable. That is comparing equivalent straps (factory leather). I was thinking that buying a thicker and heavier leather strap for the M series may balance the weight better.
That makes a lot of sense, in my experience. A thicker, heavier leather strap DOES distribute the weight of the watch head better. Nothing compares to the comfort of that 3 oz. SuperCombat, however! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I have an SCB2 and several M's. The SCB2 wears extremely comfortable even though it is a mm larger. It certainly does not look or feet larger but then my wrist size is around 7.75" so I can wear anything up to about 45 mm. The SCB2 is a definite keeper for me. It is very different from everything else I own.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have a Lum-Tec L4P M42 and a Super Combat B2 . To me they both wear the same despite the M42 being maybe 2mm narrow, spring bar to spring bar .

Apologies for the bad pics

The watch bands I have on them right now are single hole, so thats why the one on the right is squishing my arm hehe

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a Lum-Tec L4P M42 and a Super Combat B2 . To me they both wear the same despite the M42 being maybe 2mm narrow, spring bar to spring bar .

Apologies for the bad pics

The watch bands I have on them right now are single hole, so thats why the one on the right is squishing my arm hehe
You have the older style M case. It is way more comfortable IMO than the new ones.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just a hair under 7" wrist. It is about as big a watch as I am able to wear comfortably. At the moment I am wearing a lugless 48 mm Puck. It is not bad but occasionally feels like I am wearing a wall clock on my wrist.

Greetings,

I saw your picture with Lumtec SC B2. I researched for the last couple of days how the SC B2 accommodates to a 6.75' wrist size. Because I noticed that your wrist size is only a little bit larger than mine, I would like to kindly ask you for some relevant pictures with Lumtec timepiece on your wrist.

Thank you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.