WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some may know I have been eyeballing the Invicta 4470; I have also been looking at the Invicta 4473 which has the black Ionic plating on the case and bracelet. What I worry about is how well does it stand up to scratches? This is also the reason I have a tendency to stay away from watches with gold plating. At least with a stainless steel watch you can have scratches buffed out and not worry about removing the plating. I would hate the idea of spending a fair dollar on a watch where the finish wears off. I have never owned a watch with this finish but it sure looks good. Is anyone able to give me some feedback?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Some may know I have been eyeballing the Invicta 4470; I have also been looking at the Invicta 4473 which has the black Ionic plating on the case and bracelet. What I worry about is how well does it stand up to scratches? This is also the reason I have a tendency to stay away from watches with gold plating. At least with a stainless steel watch you can have scratches buffed out and not worry about removing the plating. I would hate the idea of spending a fair dollar on a watch where the finish wears off. I have never owned a watch with this finish but it sure looks good. Is anyone able to give me some feedback?
I own a number of watches with plating Gold as well as Black IP/Gunmetal and have had absolutly no issues at all. Granted I don't play foorball or work on the cars, do yard work while wearing them(got beaters for that kind of stuff) IMO the ones to worry about are those with less than 5 microns of plating on them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have one BLACK IP Invicta. My Triple Black RESERVE Speedway. It is by far the best plating I have seen on any Invicta's. I have roughed it up quite substantially at work on the desk and not one scratch. Holds up VERY well.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I have two Gunmetal watches both Invicta's ---Ocean Ghost Diamond Meteorite and Reserve Speedway.Have the OG DM about 3 or 4 months
and RS 2 or 3 month.I am very rough on watches if theres a door nob my wrist hits it.So far both are still beautiful with no flaws.So in my opinion
they hold up very well.:thumbup1::thumbup:

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
I have two black IP's and while I baby all my watches, so far, so good. I think the gunmetal plating process is similar.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Thanks for the quick feedback, guys. This is good news as I have picked up a 40mm Japanese pro-diver with the black IP for my brother who is VERY rough on his watches. I'll also post back on how it holds up over the long run. Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts